onionnn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
The question is about the air track glider experiment to measure the acceleration due to gravity.
I know that this question probably requires the use of the a=v-u/t but I don't know how to find the value of v and u
onionnn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Here is the information provided in the question
Attached files
Stonebridge
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by onionnn)
The question is about the air track glider experiment to measure the acceleration due to gravity.
I know that this question probably requires the use of the a=v-u/t but I don't know how to find the value of v and u
Speed is calculated as distance divided by time, and you are given that it takes a certain measured time (0.5s) for a 10cm length of card to pass through a beam. Later, you are given a second time for the same card to pass through the beam. This gives two speeds from which you can find the change in speed. You are give the time interval in which this change in speed took place, which allows you then to use your formula to find acceleration.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
can't see the diagram - the table gives you the times for the 10cm card to pass through a light gate and you're told the acceleration while the card is passing through the light gates is negligible.
so you can get the instantaneous velocity at both gates using the time taken for the 10cm card to pass the light gates... velocity=displacement/time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.05%
I'm not sure (3)
2.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (42)
32.56%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (59)
45.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed