The Student Room Group

Presenting Your A Level Work

what is the best way to present your work, stationary wise. I've got this dilemma.

Is it best to use say a notepad for each subject, or a file for each subject, or a notepad for each subject + a folder for all your homework etc. etc. etc.

I want to use a notepad, it would work well, but what about homework? and sheets? is it therefore best to use a file, since its all collaborated together?

But, then again I dont want to carry round 4 files/folders every day + lots of textbooks. so do you just bring in paper to write on, then file away later?

Its all confusing, because theres too many options. Someone advise?
Reply 1
You really don't need to plan that much into it! Just buy some A4 pads of paper from Smiths and then file it away in a lever arch folder when you get home, I advise using dividers for each module you do as well as dating each piece of paper as it helps when it comes to revision.
Reply 2
I have a four subject notebook for which to take notes, a folder for all sheets, and a lever arch for each subject back at home. When the folder is full I decant it all into the relevant arch files.
I need the notebook because otherwise all my notes go AWOL ):
Reply 3
imomo16
I have a four subject notebook for which to take notes, a folder for all sheets, and a lever arch for each subject back at home. When the folder is full I decant it all into the relevant arch files.
I need the notebook because otherwise all my notes go AWOL ):

Where do you get them from?
Reply 4
SarahhhD
Where do you get them from?

Paper chase :wink:
Reply 5
applemilk1992
what is the best way to present your work, stationary wise. I've got this dilemma.

Is it best to use say a notepad for each subject, or a file for each subject, or a notepad for each subject + a folder for all your homework etc. etc. etc.

I want to use a notepad, it would work well, but what about homework? and sheets? is it therefore best to use a file, since its all collaborated together?

But, then again I dont want to carry round 4 files/folders every day + lots of textbooks. so do you just bring in paper to write on, then file away later?

Its all confusing, because theres too many options. Someone advise?

One solution might be to use spiral-bound notebooks, one for each subject - or one for each teacher, since you could end up with Mrs A for one module and Mr B for another module, and their work might not overlap at all.
When you have to hand in your homework, it's easy to tear the sheet out of the notebook, and if you have a stapler then you could staple the work back into the notebook when you get it back. Keep a Prittstick in your pencil case and then you can glue in any sheets that you get. That way all your work is in your spiral-bound notebook and won't go missing.
Reply 6
imomo16
Paper chase :wink:

We don't have that store up here.
I'll look online for them.
I had four lever arches at home (one for each subject) each with a bunch of dividers. I also had one lever arch that I carried around school with me which basically had all my subjects in it, and whenever I finished a topic I took it out of my school folder and put it in the right one at home :smile: Oh and I had a big pad of paper in the folder that I carried around school to use for work in all subjects. I found it so much easier to keep organised and didn't have to stress about bringing the wrong folder :smile:
Reply 8
I have four files for each of my subjects, but I generally keep them at home unless I need them for any revision sessions in college. It would definitely be very impractical to carry them all around every day :p: I use an A4 note pad at college and then tear the pages out and put them in the relevant file at a later time. I've found it to be quite a good system, but dividers are also very helpful, because otherwise you'll probably find your work becomes disordered and unorganised. I don't always stick to strictly filing all my work away and then regret it when I can't find certain pieces I really need to look over!
I'm sure you'll find a way of presenting your work that suits you :smile:

Latest