These protests will make racism worse

Watch
TheArchitect365
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
The reason why I think is

1.Many people are seeing the horrible media paint the picture that blacks are just destroying America

2.Many police supporters are seeing there police assaulted through videos

The only thing that will chance is there will now be more inner racists who are people who are racist but dont show it/hide it , these kind of people who are biased for whites in job interviews or selection processes etc

And there will be less blatant racists who obviously are people who abuse blacks in the public eye and dont care
aa-k
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You could also argue that it's better to not talk about it and not give any attention to the ones who are racist. If anything it encourages them to give them attention, just look at football fans for example. It's similar to a 'class clown', giving it a lot of attention will only encourage it.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hmmm people thought the same thing during the Black Power protests in the late 60s. People are racist because they're taught it or because they want to be.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by aa-k)
You could also argue that it's better to not talk about it and not give any attention to the ones who are racist. If anything it encourages them to give them attention, just look at football fans for example. It's similar to a 'class clown', giving it a lot of attention will only encourage it.
This isnt a great analogy.
The difference between someone being racist and a class clown is that someone who is racist grew up learning that, and that is their belief. Some might do it for attention, but for the vast majority its just what the world around them taught them as a child.
aa-k
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
This isnt a great analogy.
The difference between someone being racist and a class clown is that someone who is racist grew up learning that, and that is their belief. Some might do it for attention, but for the vast majority its just what the world around them taught them as a child.
When there was outrage over football fans being racist at an England football match and talk about it before another, there were even more people engaging in it and holding up signs at one of the next ones.
yeetouttawindow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
people don't buy newspapers or click on articles if it was just about nice peaceful protests. it the riots and the potential spreading of coronavirus which brings in the money so readers think these protesters are the majority which drums up more abuse more hatred. the british public are ignorant and don't understand what the protests are all about so turn to the media and if the sun is saying how shocking everything is then they're going to believe that
Last edited by yeetouttawindow; 7 months ago
Good Game
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
People are starting to change their ways and they are starting to rely less on the media to get their information
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by aa-k)
When there was outrage over football fans being racist at an England football match and talk about it before another, there were even more people engaging in it and holding up signs at one of the next ones.
And?...
Weve been not giving racism attention for the past hundreds of years. That obviously didnt work out, did it?
physicsamor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Let them be racist. That's on them and their lack of morals.
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by TheArchitect365)

1.Many people are seeing the horrible media paint the picture that blacks are just destroying America

The only thing that will chance is there will now be more inner racists who are people who are racist but dont show it/hide it , these kind of people who are biased for whites in job interviews or selection processes etc

And there will be less blatant racists who obviously are people who abuse blacks in the public eye and dont care
The trouble with BLM is that they say they are against racism but so many of their actions/speeches imply that they are actually against white people. Just look at twitter, it's a cesspit. This will inevitably cause backlash from the majority of people, since most people are white...

Also the fact that a lot of these peaceful protests are turning violent will also turn people away...
Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 7 months ago
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
The trouble with BLM is that they say they are against racism but so many of their actions/speeches imply that they are actually against white people. Just look at twitter, it's a cesspit. This will inevitably cause backlash from the majority of people, since most people are white...

Also the fact that a lot of these peaceful protests are turning violent will also turn people away...
I follow a lot of these BLM accounts and i think you're taking their tweets too seriously. If someone tweets ' white people need to stop enabling racism' what do you think it means? It doesn't mean that every white person is enabling it, it's along the lines of that person in general need to call the racists out.

And a few hoodlums doesn't mean that the protests are violent but if you think so, then we can say a few bad cops mean policing, in general, is corrupt and racist
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by TheStarboy)
I follow a lot of these BLM accounts and i think you're taking their tweets too seriously. If someone tweets ' white people need to stop enabling racism' what do you think it means? It doesn't mean that every white person is enabling it, it's along the lines of that person in general need to call the racists out.
Maybe. Even if the intentions are different, just by the emotive language it will annoy lots of white people because most white people are not racists. And there are loads more explicitly anti-white people tweets than just "enablers"
And a few hoodlums doesn't mean that the protests are violent but if you think so, then we can say a few bad cops mean policing, in general, is corrupt and racist
True, but unfortunately not a lot of people will see it that way. I mean, that's the whole point of these protests is it not? People are protesting against the police because all police are racist and corrupt, even though the number of actual incidents is minimal
Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 7 months ago
TheArchitect365
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
Maybe. Even if the intentions are different, just by the emotive language it will annoy lots of white people because most white people are not racists. And there are loads more explicitly anti-white people tweets than just "enablers"

True, but unfortunately not a lot of people will see it that way. I mean, that's the whole point of these protests is it not? People are protesting against the police because all police are racist and corrupt, even though the number of actual incidents is minimal
The thing I find hilarious is that people are generally promoting stealing because that will cure racism wont it , absolute nonsense and honestly borderline idiotic.

It's good to see people are actually starting to see sense Judging by the amount of more comments saying how pointless this actually is
OOxymoron
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4462021.html
27 injured officers doesn't sound peaceful to me.
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by OOxymoron)
Almost half of them were from skirmishes. Doesn't sound like all the protestors were there to be peace but it doesn't take away from the majority. London wasn't the only place protests were
Liviy.Jonas18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

You know what I agree with you to an extent. Is a stereotype to for blacks to be violent and loot and that’s what they are doing. I understand the hate and anger but this is not the best way. Just peacefully protest. But I heard stories from my friends who went to the protest that shows that racism is still prevalent in the police force.
TigerRoll
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The thing I find hilarious is that people are generally promoting stealing because that will cure racism wont it , absolute nonsense and honestly borderline idiotic.

It's good to see people are actually starting to see sense Judging by the amount of more comments saying how pointless this actually is
What makes me laugh is when you ask these people "what does looting achieve?" and they reply with something along the lines of "material possesions aren't as important as human lives" :facepalm:
Stanza03
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by OOxymoron)
If your track down the people who actually went to that protest you would know that multiple offers enabled that, they attacked them first.

No offence but OP is doesn't understand the true meaning of this protest. The people who are looting were not there from the start when it was all about being peaceful.

From multiple first hand accounts I've seen on social media and talked to people about it those people who are looting were not there for the protest but to create chaos and it happens after the peaceful protest ended.

Jake Paul is an example of this, he wasn't there to protest but to loot and create chaos with the other people who are like that. He's now in jail for trespassing and something else (I think).

Multiple videos show a white guy trying to start the riots by pulling up in the middle of the march with a hand made bomb to go off. Fortunately someone was quick enough to chuck it back in his car.

The media outlets will twist the truth just to make this movement look bad. Please search other sources rather than just trusting the media outlets for information about these protest.

For the most part these protest are peaceful but some do get violent but the majority of violence was either instigated by people outside the march or even the police.

There was a video of 2 police offers pushing a white 75 year old man to the concrete floor for no reason and you can see from pictures that the 75 year old was bleeding and he is now in hospital I can't remember what his condition is. Even though there is video evidence of this happening the officers plead 'NOT GUILTY'. Again another example of police officers creating the violence for no reason

there are two sides to every story, search for both sides as common media outlets will most likely not post the other side of the argument.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The 27 officers injured were here in the uk.
The police were baited here with the full intention of obtaining great optics against them. They were very professional in how they responded. The violence was all started by the protesters. All video that hasn't been edited shows this.

I notice that you have to go to America for two officers pushing over an old dude and somebody trying to set off a fire work.
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
1. US= more polarised, but could make a difference if Trump is voted out.
2. UK= awaraness greater but wont affect USA and they dont seem to have clear or realistic demands in the UK. More polarised as whilst they are protesting they are happily spreading the virus. If protests turn into more violence and vandalism, then lots of people wont listen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (399)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.64%

Watched Threads