Why would some people not report crime?

Watch
qwerty1514
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I wanted to brainstorm for criminology and this was one of the queries, i'm just wondering what do you think?
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Sometimes the pain of reporting and reliving a crime can be just as or more traumatic than the experience. A lot of types of crimes go reported but ignored, which discourages other victims from feeling that they can speak up. The justice system is insanely broken
physicsamor
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Distrust of the justice system
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It might be a crappy crime.
Good Game
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Because it can be tedious and often doesn't even benefit the individual directly
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
they live with the person who committed the crime
they're partially to blame for the crime or at least think are
can't identify the criminal
didn't know it was a crime
glad the crime happened
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Because they are the one who committed the crime?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed