The Student Room Group

Really bad anxiety

Ok I don’t think anybody is going to care or listen to this but I just want to vent.

I did something stupid (which I don’t want to say sorry I know that’s so annoying) and I feel so stupid for doing it. I’m such an idiot, I never learn from my mistakes this is why I’m never going to get anywhere in life. I hate myself so much I wish I was dead.

My life is really going downhill education wise and work wise. I really just can’t handle this anymore. I’m constantly having panic attacks to the point where I can’t sleep or eat. I feel like I’m going crazy. I don’t know what to do anymore I can’t handle it. I’m so lonely and i know that my friends don’t want to listen to my problems anymore. I feel like I’m bothering them.

I’ve never felt this unhappy in my whole life and what makes it painful is that it’s all my fault! I’m losing friends and my sanity.

Ok sorry I just wanted to vent I don’t think anyone wants to listen to this.
Reply 1
Original post by Unhappyscaredx
Ok I don’t think anybody is going to care or listen to this but I just want to vent.

I did something stupid (which I don’t want to say sorry I know that’s so annoying) and I feel so stupid for doing it. I’m such an idiot, I never learn from my mistakes this is why I’m never going to get anywhere in life. I hate myself so much I wish I was dead.

My life is really going downhill education wise and work wise. I really just can’t handle this anymore. I’m constantly having panic attacks to the point where I can’t sleep or eat. I feel like I’m going crazy. I don’t know what to do anymore I can’t handle it. I’m so lonely and i know that my friends don’t want to listen to my problems anymore. I feel like I’m bothering them.

I’ve never felt this unhappy in my whole life and what makes it painful is that it’s all my fault! I’m losing friends and my sanity.

Ok sorry I just wanted to vent I don’t think anyone wants to listen to this.

Hey, OP. I listened, I'm glad you felt able to vent. Have you gotten help for what you're currently struggling with? It sounds like things are really awful and overwhelming for you at the moment and you'd likely benefit from speaking to your GP about getting some mental health support (therapy and/or medication).

Are your parents supportive? Do you have siblings you can turn to for support? I'm sorry your friends aren't being as supportive as you currently need, it's likely because this is out of their abilities to manage and you need some professional input. This isn't a bad thing. It's OK to seek help if you need it, even during this pandemic.
Original post by Pathway
Hey, OP. I listened, I'm glad you felt able to vent. Have you gotten help for what you're currently struggling with? It sounds like things are really awful and overwhelming for you at the moment and you'd likely benefit from speaking to your GP about getting some mental health support (therapy and/or medication).

Are your parents supportive? Do you have siblings you can turn to for support? I'm sorry your friends aren't being as supportive as you currently need, it's likely because this is out of their abilities to manage and you need some professional input. This isn't a bad thing. It's OK to seek help if you need it, even during this pandemic.

My family aren’t that supportive so I’m struggling alone at the moment but i don’t know I’m too scared to go to a professional. I don’t want to waste their time with my stupid problems. Plus due to this pandemic, my Gp is fully booked sadly :frown:
:frown::frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
My family aren’t that supportive so I’m struggling alone at the moment but i don’t know I’m too scared to go to a professional. I don’t want to waste their time with my stupid problems. Plus due to this pandemic, my Gp is fully booked sadly :frown:

Please do reach out to someone, perhaps from your school? If possible? Please don't minimise the pain you're going through, it is not stupid. I'd try and book an appointment anyway, or explain to the receptionist that you're truly suffering with your mental health and struggling to cope as a result. You don't have to deal with this alone. Another option, depending on your age, is ChildLine. Could you speak to them? Sorry, I couldn't quite figure out your age from what you've written.
Original post by Pathway
Please do reach out to someone, perhaps from your school? If possible? Please don't minimise the pain you're going through, it is not stupid. I'd try and book an appointment anyway, or explain to the receptionist that you're truly suffering with your mental health and struggling to cope as a result. You don't have to deal with this alone. Another option, depending on your age, is ChildLine. Could you speak to them? Sorry, I couldn't quite figure out your age from what you've written.

I’m 18. I’m probably going to call tomorrow and hopefully try to book an appointment. I think the reason I’m scared is because I don’t want anybody to know what I’m going through. Everyone sees me as a confident, happy person and I’m scared of admitting the truth.
Reply 6
I’m 18. I’m probably going to call tomorrow and hopefully try to book an appointment. I think the reason I’m scared is because I don’t want anybody to know what I’m going through. Everyone sees me as a confident, happy person and I’m scared of admitting the truth.

I'm glad you will. If you need to talk, feel free to drop me a message. I don't mind listening. You're not alone.

Quick Reply

Latest