SteveWaters
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I haven't seen an advanced maths forum so I thought I'd make it! Has anyone started the course yet? And how're you finding it?
molly_003
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just started it last month...I’m actually really enjoying it !
SteveWaters
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by molly_003)
I just started it last month...I’m actually really enjoying it !
Yeah so am I! So far it doesn't seem like a big jump from higher!
Valeriex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We started just after when the higher exam was meant to be and we have so far covered partial fractions & about half of differentiation topic.
I found the partial fractions fairly easy but the differentiation got really hard really quickly (for me) as I'm really bad at trying to figure out how to manipulate your answer to simplify it. I'm finding it difficult to get any motivation to do maths work as I only took it as I didn't want to take a new subject and I thought it might be useful for chem. What's everyone else doing right now in the subject?
molly_003
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Valeriex)
We started just after when the higher exam was meant to be and we have so far covered partial fractions & about half of differentiation topic.
I found the partial fractions fairly easy but the differentiation got really hard really quickly (for me) as I'm really bad at trying to figure out how to manipulate your answer to simplify it. I'm finding it difficult to get any motivation to do maths work as I only took it as I didn't want to take a new subject and I thought it might be useful for chem. What's everyone else doing right now in the subject?
We’ve almost finished the algebra topic... I think we’ve covered all of it apart from the partial fractions. I’m finding the course okay so far but I think when we go back to school and have more work I’ll find it a lot harder. My teacher has only been putting up about two lessons each week. How much work does everyone else tend to get?
Valeriex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by molly_003)
We’ve almost finished the algebra topic... I think we’ve covered all of it apart from the partial fractions. I’m finding the course okay so far but I think when we go back to school and have more work I’ll find it a lot harder. My teacher has only been putting up about two lessons each week. How much work does everyone else tend to get?
In our school we have portfolios with outcomes in them and there tends to be 2-3 videos a week so 2-3 outcomes a week. I would say each outcome takes about an hour and a half to write down some examples and do the questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.4%
Confident (31)
11.83%
Indifferent (46)
17.56%
Unsure (69)
26.34%
Worried (94)
35.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise