The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Is the University of Dundee good

Does anyone rate this uni? Literally no one talks about it, it’s scary
6th best med school in the UK and 4th best for life sciences according to the complete university guide
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by IbeIC123
6th best med school in the UK and 4th best for life sciences according to the complete university guide

I’m not doing medicine, but there are very few students talking about their uni experience there
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not doing medicine, but there are very few students talking about their uni experience there

I live in Dundee it may be because dundee is a ****hole but it means that accommodation is very cheap
Reply 4
True the accommodation is quite cheap but it’s got high rankings.
I mean, its way better than the University of Sunderland, slightly better than Coventry University, on par with Oxford-Brookes and Stirling, slightly worse than Surrey and much worse than Newcastle University; and you can't even compare it to the likes of Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, etc. Does that give you a clue of where it stands?
Reply 6
I mean, its way better than the University of Sunderland, slightly better than Coventry University, on par with Oxford-Brookes and Stirling, slightly worse than Surrey and much worse than Newcastle University; and you can't even compare it to the likes of Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, etc. Does that give you a clue of where it stands?

So you don’t rate it then.
So you don’t rate it then.

Idek. Top 40? Off the top of my head lol.
Reply 8
Idek. Top 40? Off the top of my head lol.

Yh I guess it’s something like that, but no one shares their experience of being at the uni so it seems like it’s not the best. But idk either
Yh I guess it’s something like that, but no one shares their experience of being at the uni so it seems like it’s not the best. But idk either

Yeah it's sort of a nobody's university. I've never met or heard of anyone who went there. Seems like you're not going there so no worries..? We can forever forget about it and nothing will change in our lives :smile:
i agree loads of people do not talk about it but its still a great uni. the campus is beautiful and the community spirit is great. no snobs like edinburgh or glasgow and just generally down to earth people. in scotland its well known and is considered by many to be one of the ancients. it used to be one of st andrews' colleges before 1963 when it gained independence. the uni is smaller than most so you get a lot of one-on-one time with tutors and lecturers and is wayyy more personable that way. i've always felt genuinely supported and looked after in a way that i dont think edinburgh or glasgow could provide. with the V&A recently built in the city, its been named as one of the uks most up-and-coming cities. the university itself is well-known for medicine, one of the best in scotland for law and the humanities courses are competitively applied for. all and all a great university and a massive underdog, i know loads of people who have been and genuinely never heard a bad thing about it. perfect for those who want the uni experience but dont want to be just another face in the crowd to lecturers and don't like snobs. everyone in dundee is lovely and it's very much a student city. Don't knock it till you've tried it!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hollyyy1234
i agree loads of people do not talk about it but its still a great uni. the campus is beautiful and the community spirit is great. no snobs like edinburgh or glasgow and just generally down to earth people. in scotland its well known and is considered by many to be one of the ancients. it used to be one of st andrews' colleges before 1963 when it gained independence. the uni is smaller than most so you get a lot of one-on-one time with tutors and lecturers and is wayyy more personable that way. i've always felt genuinely supported and looked after in a way that i dont think edinburgh or glasgow could provide. with the V&A recently built in the city, its been named as one of the uks most up-and-coming cities. the university itself is well-known for medicine, one of the best in scotland for law and the humanities courses are competitively applied for. all and all a great university and a massive underdog, i know loads of people who have been and genuinely never heard a bad thing about it. perfect for those who want the uni experience but dont want to be just another face in the crowd to lecturers and don't like snobs. everyone in dundee is lovely and it's very much a student city. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

That’s good to hear at least, it’s just I know someone who’s going there and I was thinking of going I just didn’t know how it was because I'm not hearing anything but, this is good to see! Thanks for the help
That’s good to hear at least, it’s just I know someone who’s going there and I was thinking of going I just didn’t know how it was because I'm not hearing anything but, this is good to see! Thanks for the help

No problem! If you decide to come, or wherever you go, I hope you have a great time!! :smile:
Original post by hollyyy1234
No problem! If you decide to come, or wherever you go, I hope you have a great time!! :smile:

Thanks, you too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending