BLM we only have half the story.

Watch this thread
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So these protests still seem to be going on. everybody know a Black guy was killed by the police in the USA and it's angered lot of people wanting equal rights. I fully support equal rights it wouldn't occur to me not to hire some one because of the cloud of their skin (if I want understand their accent then maybe but never the cloud of their skin. But...I'm wondering why the police were after him in the first place I mean looking at his extensive rap sheet I guess he might have assaulted someone and by all accounts he wasn't a good guy (not saying he should have been killed) but most of us are crying over what is essentially a criminal is he really the best poster boy for an equal rights movement?

TLDR We all know a Black guy was killed by the police which was wrong but why were the police after him in the first place we really aren't told why.

And yes I know I'll probably get flamed for this but hay ho.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Well if you read the news and actually looked into it you would know
He was caused of using a counterfeit 20 dollar bill but it turns out it was actually real (but not before the whole incident happened). Yes he had a lot on his record but that wasn't relevant in this situation as he was arrested for something minor in comparison
Pinkisk
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I heard that he used a fake 20 dollar note in a shop. The owner of the shop said in an interview with a TV station that the victim might have not known that it was fake and that the police's response to the call was brutal and uncalled for. Videos of the murder caught from multiple angles by multiple witnesses on the scene show that he did not resist arrest. It shows him being dragged and thrown on the ground before being suffocated to death by four police officers. He begs the main culprit to let him breath for minutes on end...His pleas for air go ignored by the main officer that killed him who is shown in the video increasing the pressure on his neck after he hears the pleas. Videos also show bystanders trying to help stop the assault by the police on the man, violently being prevented from doing so. People on the scene shout you are killing him. He is going to die. All these shouts are ignored. It was clear as day that they were killing the man. The main officer that killed him had killed I think 7 (or 4, I can't remember) people before him, all minorities. He also had 12 complaints against him for police brutality.

Anyone that says there is more to this murder and that the victim could have been at fault is either one of three things ignorant, delusional or racist and so desperate to find something to dismiss and trivialise this murder.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 2 years ago
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Well if you read the news and actually looked into it you would know
He was caused of using a counterfeit 20 dollar bill but it turns out it was actually real (but not before the whole incident happened). Yes he had a lot on his record but that wasn't relevant in this situation as he was arrested for something minor in comparison.
It is relevant if the officers knew who he was and knew about his past record (we don't know if that is the case here yet). If somebody has a known history of violence, then like it or not that will influence the degree of force the police will
use to apprehend them during an arrest.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
I heard that he used a fake 20 dollar note in a shop. The owner of the shop said in an interview with a TV station that the victim might have not known that it was fake and that police's response to the call was brutal and uncalled for. Videos of the murder caught from multiple angles by multiple witness on the scene show that he did not resist arrest. It shows him being dragged and thrown on the ground before being suffocated to death by four police officers. He begs the main culprit to let him breath for minutes on end...His pleas for air go ignored by the main officer that killed him who is shown in the video increasing the pressure on his neck after he hears the pleas. Videos also show bystanders trying to help stop the assault by the police on the man, violently being prevented from doing so. People on the scene shout you are killing him. He is going to die. All these shouts are ignored. It was clear as day that they were killing the man. The main officer that killed him had killed I think 7 (or 4, I can't remember) people before him, all minorities. He also had 12 complaints against him for police brutality.

Anyone that says there is more to this murder and that the victim could have been at fault is either one of three things ignorant, delusional or racist and so desperate to find something to dismiss and trivialise this murder.
I didn’t say he was at fault I just plain wanted there to at least be a reason why he was on the ground in the first place right now it seems like there isn’t.
derekbale99
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
How do you know that?
Just my opinion
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Tony Timpa.
30th July 2019
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
So these protests still seem to be going on. everybody know a Black guy was killed by the police in the USA and it's angered lot of people wanting equal rights. I fully support equal rights it wouldn't occur to me not to hire some one because of the cloud of their skin (if I want understand their accent then maybe but never the cloud of their skin. But...I'm wondering why the police were after him in the first place I mean looking at his extensive rap sheet I guess he might have assaulted someone and by all accounts he wasn't a good guy (not saying he should have been killed) but most of us are crying over what is essentially a criminal is he really the best poster boy for an equal rights movement?

TLDR We all know a Black guy was killed by the police which was wrong but why were the police after him in the first place we really aren't told why.

And yes I know I'll probably get flamed for this but hay ho.
Whatever he did, there are ways of apprehending someobe who may even be violent rather than killing them.

If you want to understand just who disjointed, adhoc and discriminatory the US justice system is, I thoroughly recommend you listen to Season 3 of Serial. Just look it up on your favourite Podcast app.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
31.75%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (58)
46.03%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads