Tips for revising for Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Watch this thread
united4
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Any tips to revise would be great!
chrismanning0711
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Past papers are the only real way to revise, ccc and the olympiad aren't just a memory test like a-level chemistry is, so reading through notes and things wont help very much. Doing past questions is the only effective way to revise. That said it is also important you understand all the chemistry you need that can come up in the paper. I believe the ccc only involves AS chemistry so ensure you're good with that especially the more mathematical chapters.
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chrismanning0711)
I believe the ccc only involves AS chemistry
You'd be wrong.

Definitely have a go of the past papers, but you'll find very little similarity between them. The test creators have a knack of coming up with new and original questions.
chrismanning0711
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pigster)
You'd be wrong.

Definitely have a go of the past papers, but you'll find very little similarity between them. The test creators have a knack of coming up with new and original questions.
My point was AS chemistry is all you need to attempt all the questions, the questions are much more difficult but you don't need any knowledge of A2 chemistry to do it. It is designed for year 12 students.
sqrt of 5
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
i thought it was cancelled??
united4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by sqrt of 5)
i thought it was cancelled??
No, it is on Friday
sqrt of 5
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by united4)
No, it is on Friday
😯😞 how does it work? i was supposed to do it this year idk If my chem teacher registered me.
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by united4)
No, it is on Friday
Actually it is any time between June 9-26.
MilkyWay_236
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Registration is closed now right? I completely forgot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.72%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (33)
23.24%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (74)
52.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.93%

Watched Threads