The Student Room Group

Alex rider

Can i still be reading them at 18?? I started when i was in primary school! So does anyone know the cheapest place to pick up NIghtshade?? Ta!
Reply 1
Original post by amrom18
Can i still be reading them at 18??

Didn't know there was a law on this...

Get them online, best not to go out unnecessarily.
Reply 2
Original post by amrom18
Can i still be reading them at 18?? I started when i was in primary school! So does anyone know the cheapest place to pick up NIghtshade?? Ta!

I still have most of my Alex Rider books which I've had for the past 10 years and have been reading through them over the past few days after watching the new Amazon series based on Point Blanc (the second one).

It's entirely up to you if you want to read them - I've recently been revisiting them as they were my favourite books when I was in my early teens.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by amrom18

Alex Rider made something so adult like for kids. Unfortunately, you're too old to read them now. Maybe the The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky is more appropriate.
Original post by amrom18

Totally fine. My favourite series is for young teens 😂
Original post by Gundabad(good)
Alex Rider made something so adult like for kids. Unfortunately, you're too old to read them now. Maybe the The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky is more appropriate.

Buy nostalgia.... 🙁
You know, many people believe Harry Potter to be a children's book, yet it's more popular among adults. So it would be perfectly fine for you to still read Alex Rider!
yeah you can!
Reply 8
I read them all when I was in primary - I was 10 when Scorpia Rising, the supposed last one came out. Didn't stop me picking up the latest one, aged 18 :biggrin:
Reply 9
Wow thanks for that!! Kit x
i read the whole series at least twice and have the first six on audio disc

so good

if i was still into reading i'd get the books published after scorpia rising which i've not read, maybe i still will
Reply 11
Point Blanc was probably my favourite of all the books - I was fascinated by the idea of an evil mastermind doctor creating an entire clone of the lower two floors to train surgically created replicas to replace the guys that attended his school.

The villain in Stormbreaker was pretty weird for a computer company CEO - a sleazy Middle Eastern guy (a little like a very exaggerated version of someone like Stelios of Easy Jet, although he's Greek) who attended the same school as the fictitious prime minister in the book. I'm amazed that the prime minister hadn't suspected that anything was wrong with the guy when he had a huge private army to guard his base in Cornwall.

It was my Year 5 teacher who got me into Alex Rider - he was born in around 1980 and remembered reading Horowitz's earlier Diamond Brothers books growing up, and he often read his books to us at the end of each school day.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending