I’m over 10 weeks behind in school work, I don’t know what to do

Watch
username4969378
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello so since my school has closed over 10 weeks ago, I have not done any work. I was being lazy with the work and as days went past, next thing I know, it’s been over 10 weeks. I haven’t done any work or contacted my teachers. They have called my parents about it and sent me a email that I must contact my teachers. I don’t know what to do and where to start. I have to catch up on countless hours of A-Level work (Maths, Economics and Computer Science). I don’t know what to do, what do I tell the teachers? Do I say I’ve been lazy and haven’t done the work or what? I’m so confused right now and I want to fix it asap. I’ve started to catch up on some work but it’s honing to take a long time.
My main concern is what do I tell my teachers?
Ed H
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Although this situation has never happened before, I would recommend doing as much as you can before you go back, even if it’s a weeks worth. Then, work hard up until the Summer. Make sure you keep up with what you learn once you return and try to fit in time to make up for what you missed. Then I would say work through a large part of the Summer. Since you have had 10 weeks off, you could probably work for 3 hours a day for 5 out of the 6 weeks of Summer. Also, make sure that anything you don’t UNDERSTAND, you ask for help. Understanding is one of the most important things at A-level. Good luck!
rae52
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Honestly, I'd tell the truth, you're not going to be the only student who hasn't done as much work as they should have but taking responsibility for your mistake and trying to move forwards again is the first step.

In regards to trying to catch up, I would say try to create a timetable where you will work for a certain amount of time on each subject. Have a list of topics that don't make sense and come back to them later rather than spending a lot of time obsessing over them. The most important thing is to get started though so you don't get further behind
TigerRoll
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Just blame it on the government, that's you'll end up being taught to do.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
They understand that many students have been deactivated so dont worry about not doing work. Just try to do some work now and do the best you can. You could tell the teachers that you havent been motivated to do any work and you are starting to do some work after some motivation; you could ask for more time since you are still adapting to the circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads