Thought on the name Priti ?

Watch
username5147954
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
My brother has just had a baby girl and him and his wife have named her Priti, pronounced pretty. No doubt she will be very pretty as her mother is but I’m not that keen on the name, I think it’s an Indian name not sure she’s not Indian though, not that it makes a difference just a very unique name.

What do you think of it ? Am I just being stupid lol
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thought it was an alright name until that Priti Patel woman rocked up
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Not my first pick for a name either, but its their baby. They get to name it whatever they want :dontknow:
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It’s a nice name, but it does seem like you’d be setting the kid up for a lifetime of bad puns. Ultimately though it’s the parent’s choice....
Dangerous88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Amy hull 123)
My brother has just had a baby girl and him and his wife have named her Priti, pronounced pretty. No doubt she will be very pretty as her mother is but I’m not that keen on the name, I think it’s an Indian name not sure she’s not Indian though, not that it makes a difference just a very unique name.

It's unique, I've never heard it, yet I find it quite a nice name. But it was up to the parents what to name it, not you. You are welcome to your opinion, just don't offend anyone.
username5304322
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Spoiler:
Show
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

i don't like it.
Dangerous88
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
It’s a nice name, but it does seem like you’d be setting the kid up for a lifetime of bad puns. Ultimately though it’s the parent’s choice....
There are a variety of unique names, that could provoke bullying. Remember what Cheryl Cole named her child, Bear or something.
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

How is it pronounced as pretty?

Is it not Pree-tee?
username5283910
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by AM.TSR)
Spoiler:
Show
it's better to have MI5 name than a stripper name xd
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hate it
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Dangerous88)
There are a variety of unique names, that could provoke bullying. Remember what Cheryl Cole named her child, Bear or something.
Yup, and I personally think that's why you shouldn't give your kid a 'unique' name.
Dangerous88
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Yup, and I personally think that's why you shouldn't give your kid a 'unique' name.
I don't know about that, I think some unique names are rather nice, such as Evalyn or Colten.
ker2000
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Thought it was an alright name until that Priti Patel woman rocked up
On the other hand, the whole country now knows "Priti" is a name, so aren't going to think "pretty?" every time you tell them it!

But anyway, if the baby's already born and they've decided I would not even think about saying anything negative (or even just less than positive, like "interesting name") about it.
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by AM.TSR)
Spoiler:
Show
You just had to didn't you
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ker2000)
On the other hand, the whole country now knows "Priti" is a name, so aren't going to think "pretty?" every time you tell them it!

But anyway, if the baby's already born and they've decided I would not even think about saying anything negative (or even just less than positive, like "interesting name") about it.
Well, she asked for my view and I wasn't going to lie to her
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Personally think it's a pretty name
Spoiler:
Show
Pun intended
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (142)
62.28%
I don't have everything I need (86)
37.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise