?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
do you think it right to give a pass to say the n word
unknownuser2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
definetely not, if you not black don't say it it is a derogatory term and unless you want black twt finding everything about you and exposing you go ahead, and if black people say it let them say it
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If your not black, dont say it.
Fale
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Honestly black people saying it doesn't really help - how about no one says it?
Dangerous88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Marcus O'Donnell)
I'm white and I think it should never be used. Racism should be driven out of existence. People need to start treating others the way they'd want to be treated.
Dangerous88
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by unknownuser2001)
definetely not, if you not black don't say it it is a derogatory term and unless you want black twt finding everything about you and exposing you go ahead, and if black people say it let them say it
Yes, but even black people should never use it. Because it could still provoke racism. The word should be removed everywhere.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Absolutely not.

IMHO, it's a vile disgusting word that only has a right place in the history books.

I'm black and I might be prepared to let some of my very close white friends call me a black b*stard, as banter etc. but never the "N" word (and they know that).

I'm also not crazy about black people using that term... at best, I tolerate it.
username5270020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Fale)
if you're not black, you're not allowed to tell black people whether they should use it. if you're black, other black people have the right to choose whether they want to use it or not. it may not help that black people say it however that doesn't mean because black people say it, other races are allowed.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Fale)
Assuming your white, are you just salty that there is a word your not allowed to say?
username5301604
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Dangerous88)
Yes, but even black people should never use it. Because it could still provoke racism. The word should be removed everywhere.
But then you are giving it energy/ emotion/ power. It should instead be rendered powerless imo slowly but surely
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by kaybby)
if you're not black, you're not allowed to tell black people whether they should use it. if you're black, other black people have the right to choose whether they want to use it or not. it may not help that black people say it however that doesn't mean because black people say it, other races are allowed.
Technically anyone can use it, there's no such thing as one race having the "right" to use it and another not. Ideally even black people should stop using it so that the word becomes obsolete and then it won't be used by anybody.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
if you're not black, you're not allowed to tell black people whether they should use it.
Do either of you understand what racism is?
Dangerous88
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Synergy_)
But then you are giving it energy/ emotion/ power. It should instead be rendered powerless imo slowly but surely
Look, at the end of the day, nobody should use it.
username5270020
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
Technically anyone can use it, there's no such thing as one race having the "right" to use it and another not. Ideally even black people should stop using it so that the word becomes obsolete and then it won't be used by anybody.
technically anyone can use any word they want, doesn't mean its right to use it.
FingersXedAgain
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Just no. Why would anyone want to either?
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Erm, yes?
Do you have a problem with people not using slurs?
username5270020
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
considering the fact i've experienced racism as a black person i'd assume i know what racism is, however i never mentioned racism?
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
technically anyone can use any word they want, doesn't mean its right to use it.
You said that someone who isn't black isn't allowed to give their opinion on whether black people should use it. This is wrong. We have free speech and anyone can give their opinion on the n word and whether it should be used by blacks, whites or anyone else, regardless of their skin colour. And anyone can use the n word, there's no rule or law saying only one race can use it. As I said, the word should ideally just fall out of existence so that it can't then be used by anybody as a racial slur.
username5270020
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
You said that someone who isn't black isn't allowed to give their opinion on whether black people should use it. This is wrong. We have free speech and anyone can give their opinion on the n word and whether it should be used by blacks, whites or anyone else, regardless of their skin colour. And anyone can use the n word, there's no rule or law saying only one race can use it. As I said, the word should ideally just fall out of existence so that it can't then be used by anybody as a racial slur.
you can give your opinion due to free speech but it doesn't mean it is the place of a nonblack person who will likely never be affected by the usage of the word to tell black people, the people affected, what they should do with the word. as i said before, technically you can say whatever word you want to say, doesn't mean you should. also remember, freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence.
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
you can give your opinion due to free speech but it doesn't mean it is the place of a nonblack person who will likely never be affected by the usage of the word to tell black people, the people affected, what they should do with the word. as i said before, technically you can say whatever word you want to say, doesn't mean you should. also remember, freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence.
The n word isn't owned by anyone therefore yes, anyone can give their opinion on what others should or shouldn't do with it. Whether they take your opinion into account is another matter entirely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed