I got no 6 form place wat do i do???!!!

Watch
lol idk xxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey so basically i went to grammar schl and i think ive done fine in my GCSEs but im still waiting for my grades to come out (i didnt acc sit an exam cuz of corona). Ive applied to a load of 6 forms and colleges locally but then my mum was like college is out cuz ur jst gonna muck about and there s no discipline bla bla bla. so i kinda ignored all the interview invites 4 th colleges. then i messed up on my interview 4 the 6 form i wanted 2 go 2 and didnt get a place. my final resort, the local girls 6 form didnt receive my application on time cuz it got lost in th post so now i prbbly wont get a place there cuz im a "late applicant". so now it looks like im going nowere in september and im really stressed cuz i was looking 4ward to jst doing a levels and getting my education over wiv does any1 hav any advice on wat i shud do???? pls help me im acc gutted
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You need to contact the places you would like to go to - there is always a certain amount of flex after results are issued as not everyone gets their expected grades. Schools want to fill all their places to get the funding
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don't panic - people swap sixth forms right into September and schools generally want to fill their classes as they need the money. Send a polite email in formal English to any 6th from you want to go to asking if they would consider you.
lol idk xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadingMum)
You need to contact the places you would like to go to - there is always a certain amount of flex after results are issued as not everyone gets their expected grades. Schools want to fill all their places to get the funding
yh but loadsa places r going on about how their gonna b really strict about social distancing and class sizes changing subject ect. so i thnk many have already sorted it out with accepted students and dont wanna mess it upthass y its so hard 2 find a place right now
lol idk xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Don't panic - people swap sixth forms right into September and schools generally want to fill their classes as they need the money. Send a polite email in formal English to any 6th from you want to go to asking if they would consider you.
ok should i tell them im kinda desperate and no 1 seems 2 want me?
username5258262
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lol idk xxx)
yh but loadsa places r going on about how their gonna b really strict about social distancing and class sizes changing subject ect. so i thnk many have already sorted it out with accepted students and dont wanna mess it upthass y its so hard 2 find a place right now
email your predicted grades and any forms they need to the school and it'll all work out

i applied to 11 other school a few way after the deadline and i was offered a place on the 2nd of sept after asking the school a few days after results day!!

keep in contact with the head of sixth at the school you'd like to go to
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Where do u live? Like whereabouts so I can suggest some 6 forms...
lol idk xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Monsur x)
i live in hall green birmingham
lol idk xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheeki rafiki)
email your predicted grades and any forms they need to the school and it'll all work out

i applied to 11 other school a few way after the deadline and i was offered a place on the 2nd of sept after asking the school a few days after results day!!

keep in contact with the head of sixth at the school you'd like to go to
thnx man thass a releif 2 now im not the only 1. i jst feel like im kind of a failure right now cuz all my frnds have sorted their lives out and like wont get below a 7 in their GCSE s and im here with my average grades not even in a 6 form
username5258262
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
thnx man thass a releif 2 now im not the only 1. i jst feel like im kind of a failure right now cuz all my frnds have sorted their lives out and like wont get below a 7 in their GCSE s and im here with my average grades not even in a 6 form
no need to worry about your friends, you'll find a 6th form dw
lol idk xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Monsur x)
hall green birmingham
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hall green birmingham
Loool wow then no soz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed