The Student Room Group

How do I gain confidence again after living in this abusive household?

Yes I'm a fully grown adult and I always swear to myself that I was never going to go back to this household and lockdown happened just before I was moving g to.snother city I'm not perfect, I have autism and I do say stuff out of anger when my parent starts attacking and throwing things at me. Abuse from them has happened since I was little, when i was around 6 or 7 i was pinned down and had lots of soap shuffed down my throat. As an adult i have let go of alot of abuse that has happened and i always try to look on the bright side. There have never tried to understood autism even when u finally had a diagnosis and a full report, they still refused to read it. They just horrible people deep down and I know they behaviour will never changed towards me bo matter how independent and how much I have achieved through life. I'm desperately trying to move out and my anxiety is now high. I'm a l9ber right now and I think I'm so independent is because all my life I have just looked after myself and still now find it difficult to trust others even though I'm usually very positive and ambitious. Helo please? :frown:
Reply 1
Loner(l9ber)
Reply 2
Bump
I am sorry about the fact that your parents never understood you or took the time too. Makes me take my mum for granted, knowing that she spent tens of hours getting everything sorted when I was diagnosed with autism in 2015.
Sorry they did this too . It must have knocked your confidence. Please please be assured that there are nice people out there that you can let into your life. Well done you for starting out on your own though :smile: Once all this lockdown business is over we can get out more and meet new people. With any new relationship and friendship it will take time to earn trust and be more 'open' about our private lives. Some friendships are for life, others come and go. So be prepared for a few stayers, and some fleeting friends for a short period of time. As long as they touch your life in a positive way thats all that matters.
Reply 5
Thanks for the comments guys. It's crazy how panicky i am feeling right now like I have no future. Yes my life is going to change once this is over, that's what's keeping me going but need to get out now as its soul and mind destroying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending