L_uddin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Why is results day August 13th. Can’t they make it earlier? Does anyone know if there is a petition to do so?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For GCSEs, results day is 20 August.
L_uddin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
For GCSEs, results day is 20 August.
We totally need it to be earlier in case people need to sit exams
lsc2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No amount of petitioning would bring results day forward. Proposed time for resits is October for Alevels and November for GCSES.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by L_uddin)
We totally need it to be earlier in case people need to sit exams
Moving it to July was one of the things they investigated and then decided against about a month ago. There's no way it's going to move now.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For a normal exam, it takes a while for it to get marked nationally and it will probably take a long time to go over the evidence and moderate the evidence and teacher's assessment - I assume they will be careful with this new method of marking.
L_uddin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
For a normal exam, it takes a while for it to get marked nationally and it will probably take a long time to go over the evidence and moderate the evidence and teacher's assessment - I assume they will be careful with this new method of marking.
No evidence was submitted
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by L_uddin)
No evidence was submitted
The whole process of looking the the centre's grades and comparing them to its previous few year's results and the comparable ability of this year's students and previous years and then looking t the national picture will take quite a while.
L.D.L.B
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone know if the results will be sent home, or will results day at the school go ahead?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by L.D.L.B)
Does anyone know if the results will be sent home, or will results day at the school go ahead?
Up to the school who won't have decided yet as things could change a lot in 8 weeks
L.D.L.B
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Compost)
Up to the school who won't have decided yet as things could change a lot in 8 weeks
Ah fair enough, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise