The Student Room Group

Accounting Apprenticeship

Is anyone finding it hard to find an accounting apprenticeship? I’m struggling a lot😩
Reply 1
Where have you applied? Which area of the country are you in and did you apply when the larger firm schemes opened?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Where have you applied? Which area of the country are you in and did you apply when the larger firm schemes opened?

I’ve applied to some places but not got past the online numerical and verbal reasoning tests. I’m from Sheffield. No not really😫.
Reply 3
Original post by M.BU11
I’ve applied to some places but not got past the online numerical and verbal reasoning tests. I’m from Sheffield. No not really😫.

Hey, so you haven't really given yourself a fair chance yet! What have you done to study for and improve on the numerical and verbal reasoning tests?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Hey, so you haven't really given yourself a fair chance yet! What have you done to study for and improve on the numerical and verbal reasoning tests?

I’ve done pretty much everything from revising online tests and looking back at maths revision guides. But now my main concern is finding a company as no one is out there wanting an accounting apprentice.
Reply 5
Original post by M.BU11
I’ve done pretty much everything from revising online tests and looking back at maths revision guides. But now my main concern is finding a company as no one is out there wanting an accounting apprentice.

I don't think there will be a lot of jobs advertised at the moment as people are working at home during the Covid-19 issues and people tend not to recruit over the summer. Keep looking. Things tend to get busier by mid Sept.
Reply 6
Original post by ajj2000
I don't think there will be a lot of jobs advertised at the moment as people are working at home during the Covid-19 issues and people tend not to recruit over the summer. Keep looking. Things tend to get busier by mid Sept.

Thanks I’ll keep a lookout 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending