chloetta0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am looking to study Business Studies/Management (depending on the uni) at Uni from 2021 onwards however i’m unsure of what else to do. I’ve heard psychology is good to do as well as I will be taking it at Higher this year (s6) however I have to go into something else too. I also don’t know what Uni in Scotland is best for business. I know Strathclyde is highly rated however it is very hard to get into.
Last edited by chloetta0; 7 months ago
heyitsmika
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...gement-studies

St Andrews is best for business and it's a pretty good uni overall - 3rd in the UK after Oxbridge. But it's obviously hard to get into.
Next is Strathclyde, then Glasgow, then Aberdeen and then Stirling.

Business and Psychology are also two very different fields, so maybe you should think about which one you would prefer. Maybe read through the descriptions and listen to some sample lectures online
BedfordMom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by heyitsmika)
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...gement-studies

St Andrews is best for business and it's a pretty good uni overall - 3rd in the UK after Oxbridge. But it's obviously hard to get into.
Next is Strathclyde, then Glasgow, then Aberdeen and then Stirling.

Business and Psychology are also two very different fields, so maybe you should think about which one you would prefer. Maybe read through the descriptions and listen to some sample lectures online
St Andrews seems to definitely rank very high for business management, what’s funny is I never hear anything about it’s business school and it doesn’t appear in the list of most popular universities for employers. I’ve no idea why, could be Geography but I think it’s more than that. would love if someone could shed some light.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by chloetta0)
I am looking to study Business Studies/Management (depending on the uni) at Uni from 2021 onwards however i’m unsure of what else to do. I’ve heard psychology is good to do as well as I will be taking it at Higher this year (s6) however I have to go into something else too. I also don’t know what Uni in Scotland is best for business. I know Strathclyde is highly rated however it is very hard to get into.
Hey there chloetta0, let me know if I can help you with any queries about our Business programmes! You're right in saying it is really competitive to join our Business school- we look for a good range of Highers alongside a strong personal statement and reference too In the PS, we'll look to find out more about your motivations for studying business, as well as for you to show off anything you've been up to (hobbies and interests) and for you to tell us what will make you a great candidate for the course.

I realise I've just found this thread from 4 months ago, but note as well that we will also offer Psychology alongside some of our Business subjects if you are still interested in keeping your Psychology studies up! We offer Economics, HRM and Marketing with Psychology.

Please do give me a shout if I can help with anything! And please do let me know how you get on with your application

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.56%
I don't have everything I need (331)
43.44%

Watched Threads