beyonce_myles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't know who else has battled with anxiety for the longest but I promise you that you will win!!
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For a long long time for 2 decades I battled with social anxiety.

Slowly by going out there, having practice I got myself out of it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Analyst89)

Same. So much trial and error. So many embarrassing moments. Tons of cringe memories of my actions in social interaction. Kept pushing. Now I'm free.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago

(Original post by Anonymous)
Same. So much trial and error. So many embarrassing moments. Tons of cringe memories of my actions in social interaction. Kept pushing. Now I'm free.
any advice for someone going through it now? I do tend to go to things so I know I'm not severe, but the anxiety leading up to events (or even a day at work) is exhausting
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
any advice for someone going through it now? I do tend to go to things so I know I'm not severe, but the anxiety leading up to events (or even a day at work) is exhausting
Did the lockdown help you calm down?
I would consider introspection and mindfulness meditation.
Admitting your past errors in social interaction and analysing where you went wrong/how to prevent that in the future.
Forcing yourself outside of your comfort zone until you are actually comfortable in any zone.
Knowing what triggers you and what doesn't so that you can filter out things that make you anxious.
Being calm even in the face of what triggers you. Developing thick skin.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well done everyone
It's really amazing
kadiatuj0001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

This feeling of anxiety will pass because nothing is forever.Stay strong
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Did the lockdown help you calm down?
I would consider introspection and mindfulness meditation.
Admitting your past errors in social interaction and analysing where you went wrong/how to prevent that in the future.
Forcing yourself outside of your comfort zone until you are actually comfortable in any zone.
Knowing what triggers you and what doesn't so that you can filter out things that make you anxious.
Being calm even in the face of what triggers you. Developing thick skin.
Not really because one of my biggest anxieties is around texting, which is massively amplified atm. I just get really anxious when I see someone has messaged me online, I feel like I can't hold a proper conversation digitally and I can't see their reactions to my messages, so I assume they're always thinking the worse of whatever I've said (I like to read people's social cues a lot in conversation, and you just can't do it the same online).
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

As above, it does get better, promise
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
im ok for now cos i dont have to see anyone but I'm when i go back to school I'm gonna become even more anxious
johnboy16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not really because one of my biggest anxieties is around texting, which is massively amplified atm. I just get really anxious when I see someone has messaged me online, I feel like I can't hold a proper conversation digitally and I can't see their reactions to my messages, so I assume they're always thinking the worse of whatever I've said (I like to read people's social cues a lot in conversation, and you just can't do it the same online).
i feel the exact same if someone rings me i dont answer sometimes and same with the texts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.03%
Confident (81)
13.06%
Indifferent (89)
14.35%
Unsure (159)
25.65%
Worried (235)
37.9%

Watched Threads