klcheung99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have two offers from the University of Essex (MSc Computer Networks and Security) and Swansea University(Cyber Security, MSc). Both of them are Master of Computer Science. I wanna know which one has a higher reputation in the UK because I wanna have a job earlier after graduation. Basic on my finding, University of Essex Global QS rank 370, ranked by Computer Science in the UK (Good University Guide 45, Guardian 85, Complete University Guide 25) Swansea University Global QS rank 462, ranked by Computer Science in the UK (Good University Guide 8, Guardian 18, Complete University Guide 25) I saw the University of Essex has a higher ranking in global QS ranking. However, Swansea University Times ranks very high in Good University Guide, Guardian, and Complete University Guide. Which one has a higher reputation and higher quality of the CS program in the UK? Any advice or suggestions welcome!

Name:  捕获.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  21.5 KB
Last edited by klcheung99; 5 months ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by klcheung99)
I have two offers from the University of Essex (MSc Computer Networks and Security) and Swansea University(Cyber Security, MSc). Both of them are Master of Computer Science. I wanna know which one has a higher reputation in the UK because I wanna have a job earlier after graduation. Basic on my finding, University of Essex Global QS rank 370, ranked by Computer Science in the UK (Good University Guide 45, Guardian 85, Complete University Guide 25) Swansea University Global QS rank 462, ranked by Computer Science in the UK (Good University Guide 8, Guardian 18, Complete University Guide 25) I saw the University of Essex has a higher ranking in global QS ranking. However, Swansea University Times ranks very high in Good University Guide, Guardian, and Complete University Guide. Which one has a higher reputation and higher quality of the CS program in the UK? Any advice or suggestions welcome!
I dont think there is a significant difference between either uni reputation wise.

Perhaps have a look at their careers departments online, most uni offer CV/cover letter tailoring as well as support for interviews and put on careers fairs, so make sure you go to a uni which has these services for free.

If there's still not a lot in it, look at the modules which make up the course and see what seems more attractive.
username5319026
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
When i decided to go to Essex i also took into account facilities and accommodations...and Essex is a campus university with amazing facilities.
Folu1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there, I’m Folusho. Saw your post on Swansea vrs essex on msc cyber security. I’m currently in the same situation with you. Which school did you decide on please let me know and your reasons if you don’t mind.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads