Sitting highers/ advanced highers as an external candidate

Watch
Studentglasgow
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My school won’t let me do extra exams. I know I am capable of doing so. Where can I sit these? I am aware I have to pay extra to do so. Does anyone know a place preferably in the Glasgow area?
Many thanks
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Studentglasgow)
My school won’t let me do extra exams. I know I am capable of doing so. Where can I sit these? I am aware I have to pay extra to do so. Does anyone know a place preferably in the Glasgow area?
Many thanks
Some colleges offer highers as evening courses, which might be an option. Alternatively, Wallace College in Edinburgh might be an option: http://wallacecollege.com/

Keep in mind that the extra qualifications (over & above what's needed/expected) won't make a lot of difference to things like uni applications...AAABBBB for example won't meet a AAAAA entry requirement. There's also lots of ways of learning without taking extra SQA qualifications too
Studentglasgow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much! Really appreciate the response
Studentglasgow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you! Really appreciate the response!

(Original post by Labrador99)
Some colleges offer highers as evening courses, which might be an option. Alternatively, Wallace College in Edinburgh might be an option: http://wallacecollege.com/

Keep in mind that the extra qualifications (over & above what's needed/expected) won't make a lot of difference to things like uni applications...AAABBBB for example won't meet a AAAAA entry requirement. There's also lots of ways of learning without taking extra SQA qualifications too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (24)
9.02%
Confident (32)
12.03%
Indifferent (46)
17.29%
Unsure (69)
25.94%
Worried (95)
35.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise