?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi can u help me get all 9s in GCSEs plz
eleanaaah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Practice, practice, practice all the way. As many past papers as you can. Physics and Maths tutor has a load of them.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you give us more details? What subjects are you doing? What grades are you currently at? What are you currently weak in and what are your strengths? How do you currently revise?
Inamullah Mangal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Could you give us more details? What subjects are you doing? What grades are you currently at? What are you currently weak in and what are your strengths? How do you currently revise?
(Original post by eleanaaah)
Practice, practice, practice all the way. As many past papers as you can. Physics and Maths tutor has a load of them.
Thanks eleanaaah
petite panda I am doing french, pe,triple science, history, and the others you know as compulsory and rs. I just read books for science and practice textbook questions for maths but I don’t know how to revise for the others and I don’t know how to revise properly for maths and science if u give me tips I would appreciate it. Out of curiosity what are u currently doing and tell me your gcse results. My predicted is all 7-9 and I am top set for everything. Thanks by the way.
eleanaaah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did those exact same GCSEs and got an 8 in English language and 9s in the rest. Sounds like you’ve got the right idea for maths and science. As soon as you’ve finished the courses I’d get going on the practice papers. Revise as thoroughly as possible for each mock you do; that’ll help with your final revision.
For essay based subjects like history and English I’d recommend planning answers to as many questions as you can. As soon as you have the essay writing technique done, planning is a much more efficient way to map out your knowledge and prepare for potentially similar exam questions in your finals.
For subjects like RS, you need a set structure for each response, as (for my board anyway) each section had the same question structure. I can give you more info on that if you haven’t been taught it already. Most of the evidence - like “love thy neighbour” can be reused in almost any context, so learn a good few multiple-use pieces of evidence like that and you’re good to go.
For French, the best thing to do it learn a set of high-level phrases, sentences and vocabulary which you can insert into any essay. Words like néanmoins and terms like je l’aime will get you marks and it’s much easier to remember to put them in if you just have a set that you know you have to use.
PE is reliant on coursework and practical elements as well so make sure you get lots of instruction from your teacher on those. Otherwise, follow a similar method as you will do for science.
Hope that helps
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh you cant really revise for maths properly except practising a lot. For maths, the best thing you can do for improvement is looking at the answers for the questions you did wrong and looking at your method and their method to the question and if you dont know what you did wrong, the best thing you can do is use the resources you have available (e.g. teachers) to find out what you are doing wrong and repeat that process over and over again. If you find the textbooks easy, try doing 8/9 questions or practice/past papers.

For reading books for science, do you mean textbooks? What are you doing with those books or are you just reading them?

For French, Which part are you struggling with: Reading, writing, listening or speaking?

For History, do you the content for your topics? Have you done some practice on history questions before?

For other compulsory gcses, do you mean english language and lit? For R.S, how confident are you in this content?

I am currently doing Physics, Maths and History A level and I got 8888888766 in my GCSEs. You seem to have a solid foundation or what you are doing is working but you probably need to a bit more specifically to aim higher
(Original post by Inamullah Mangal)
Thanks eleanaaah
petite panda I am doing french, pe,triple science, history, and the others you know as compulsory and rs. I just read books for science and practice textbook questions for maths but I don’t know how to revise for the others and I don’t know how to revise properly for maths and science if u give me tips I would appreciate it. Out of curiosity what are u currently doing and tell me your gcse results. My predicted is all 7-9 and I am top set for everything. Thanks by the way.
Inamullah Mangal
Rep:
?
Practice, practice, practice all the way. As many past papers as you can. Physics and
I did those exact same GCSEs and got an 8 in English language and 9s in the rest. Sounds like you’ve got the right idea for maths and science. As soon as you’ve finished the courses I’d get going on the practice papers. Revise as thoroughly as possible for each mock you do; that’ll help with your final revision.
For essay based subjects like history and English I’d recommend planning answers to as many questions as you can. As soon as you have the essay writing technique done, planning is a much more efficient way to map out your knowledge and prepare for potentially similar exam questions in your finals.
For subjects like RS, you need a set structure for each response, as (for my board anyway) each section had the same question structure. I can give you more info on that if you haven’t been taught it already. Most of the evidence - like “love thy neighbour” can be reused in almost any context, so learn a good few multiple-use pieces of evidence like that and you’re good to go.
For French, the best thing to do it learn a set of high-level phrases, sentences and vocabulary which you can insert into any essay. Words like néanmoins and terms like je l’aime will get you marks and it’s much easier to remember to put them in if you just have a set that you know you have to use.
PE is reliant on coursework and practical elements as well so make sure you get lots of instruction from your teacher on those. Otherwise, follow a similar method as you will do for science.
Hope that helps
Thanks but can u tell me the structure for rs i would really appreciate it. But I don’t think I revise properly just reading cgp books so I have started writing questions on every page basically transferring every little note into questions so then I read and answer every night using the app notion. Also I am not able to revise just practicing questions so can u tell me if there is another effective method. Oh and by the way your results are the best hope you get all A*s in a levels and then go to oxbridge.
Last edited by Inamullah Mangal; 1 year ago
Inamullah Mangal
Rep:
?
Tbh you cant really revise for maths properly except practising a lot. For maths, the best thing you can do for improvement is looking at the answers for the questions you did wrong and looking at your method and their method to the question and if you dont know what you did wrong, the best thing you can do is use the resources you have available (e.g. teachers) to find out what you are doing wrong and repeat that process over and over again. If you find the textbooks easy, try doing 8/9 questions or practice/past papers.

For reading books for science, do you mean textbooks? What are you doing with those books or are you just reading them?

For French, Which part are you struggling with: Reading, writing, listening or speaking?

For History, do you the content for your topics? Have you done some practice on history questions before?

For other compulsory gcses, do you mean english language and lit? For R.S, how confident are you in this content?

I am currently doing Physics, Maths and History A level and I got 8888888766 in my GCSEs. You seem to have a solid foundation or what you are doing is working but you probably need to a bit more specifically to aim higher
Thanks. Isn’t there any other way for maths and for science I read cgp books. For french there no way I revise but I am the best in class I am the best in every aspect but I am thinking ahead and taking precautions to get a 9 in gcse. History I don’t know how to revise properly and I still get 9s. I don’t practice questions. Eng Lang and lit and rs are compulsory and I think I am going to flop eng Lang and lit so plz help me out. Rs I don’t know how to revise and sometimes I just scrape 8s and sometimes nines but I want to be sure and confident about getting 9s not hesitant. Give me feedback for every subject so I can be sure about getting 9s not hesitant. Thanks and good luck with a levels I hope you get into your dream uni (my dream uni is Oxford for medicine and I want to be a cardiology surgeon 👨*⚕️). Oh by the way can u visit my channel AFGtwinz and subscribe because I really am desperate to get my message across to people.
Last edited by Inamullah Mangal; 1 year ago
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks. Isn’t there any other way for maths and for science I read cgp books. For french there no way I revise but I am the best in class I am the best in every aspect but I am thinking ahead and taking precautions to get a 9 in gcse. History I don’t know how to revise properly and I still get 9s. I don’t practice questions. Eng Lang and lit and rs are compulsory and I think I am going to flop eng Lang and lit so plz help me out. Rs I don’t know how to revise and sometimes I just scrape 8s and sometimes nines but I want to be sure and confident about getting 9s not hesitant. Give me feedback for every subject so I can be sure about getting 9s not hesitant. Thanks and good luck with a levels I hope you get into your dream uni (my dream uni is Oxford for medicine and I want to be a cardiology surgeon 👨*⚕️). Oh by the way can u visit my channel AFGtwinz and subscribe because I really am desperate to get my message across to people.
Not really for maths unless watching videos on how to approach questions I guess you could try? For science, you need to do something more than reading books as it's really ineffective unless you are doing something as well as reading it (e.g. making flashcards). For French, that's great but if you want to take precautions then making sure you have the basics down so you dont lose silly marks on grammar or tenses; it would be good to learn the vocab from the list if you havent; it would be good if you frequently work on your pronunciation and get used to hearing french words, especially to the point you understand it better. Congrats on History. For English lit, learning the content is the best you could do and essay plans. For English Lang, learn and practice the exam techniques for each question and use those past papers to give to your teacher for feedback and what you could do next; improving vocabulary and SPAG is really good for section 5. To be honest, for RS, you seem to have the exam technique down so I think its probably the content you need to be confident in, especially the sources of wisdom and authority. Thank you and good luck with your gcses and a levels after.
archivalzebra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’ve just finished year 11 & i’m predicted all 8s and 9s. Of course it’s good to aim high, but PLEASE don’t stress yourself out too much. Instead, revise smartly & focus on the content you’re working in class & getting your head around concepts. Use a range different methods of learning & find a few good ones to use throughout your studies; answering short end-of-topic questions to yourself to consolidate knowledge is great. Practise is really important, so lease try to save past papers for year 11 so you don’t exhaust your precious resources!! It’s great to want to go to Oxbridge, but I would make that a bigger aim in sixth form, as GCSE results have virtually no importance for applying - you could probably get 6s & 7s in your GCSEs and then A*s in A-levels and get in. Some people even get straight A*s and are rejected but then still end up at amazing universities so please DONT STRESS!!! I hope this helps
dbains
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You want to be doing as many questions as you possibly can, but LEARNING from your mistakes!!! That’s where most people go wrong, they do questions but forgot their mistakes. You need to try to learn what the examiner is looking for when answering specific questions. If you want I can tell you the revision materials I used for science and maths (got 9s in all of them)
Inamullah Mangal
Rep:
?
(Original post by dbains)
You want to be doing as many questions as you possibly can, but LEARNING from your mistakes!!! That’s where most people go wrong, they do questions but forgot their mistakes. You need to try to learn what the examiner is looking for when answering specific questions. If you want I can tell you the revision materials I used for science and maths (got 9s in all of them)
Thanks could you tell me
Inamullah Mangal
Rep:
?
Not really for maths unless watching videos on how to approach questions I guess you could try? For science, you need to do something more than reading books as it's really ineffective unless you are doing something as well as reading it (e.g. making flashcards). For French, that's great but if you want to take precautions then making sure you have the basics down so you dont lose silly marks on grammar or tenses; it would be good to learn the vocab from the list if you havent; it would be good if you frequently work on your pronunciation and get used to hearing french words, especially to the point you understand it better. Congrats on History. For English lit, learning the content is the best you could do and essay plans. For English Lang, learn and practice the exam techniques for each question and use those past papers to give to your teacher for feedback and what you could do next; improving vocabulary and SPAG is really good for section 5. To be honest, for RS, you seem to have the exam technique down so I think its probably the content you need to be confident in, especially the sources of wisdom and authority. Thank you and good luck with your gcses and a levels after.
(Original post by archivalzebra)
Hi, I’ve just finished year 11 & i’m predicted all 8s and 9s. Of course it’s good to aim high, but PLEASE don’t stress yourself out too much. Instead, revise smartly & focus on the content you’re working in class & getting your head around concepts. Use a range different methods of learning & find a few good ones to use throughout your studies; answering short end-of-topic questions to yourself to consolidate knowledge is great. Practise is really important, so lease try to save past papers for year 11 so you don’t exhaust your precious resources!! It’s great to want to go to Oxbridge, but I would make that a bigger aim in sixth form, as GCSE results have virtually no importance for applying - you could probably get 6s & 7s in your GCSEs and then A*s in A-levels and get in. Some people even get straight A*s and are rejected but then still end up at amazing universities so please DONT STRESS!!! I hope this helps
Can all of you visit my channel AFGtwinz.
dbains
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks could you tell me
Yes, tell me what you are currently revising from / what question books you currently have
Inamullah Mangal
Rep:
?
Yes, tell me what you are currently revising from / what question books you currently have
For science cgp and maths pearson visit my channel AFGtwinz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.21%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.03%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
5.03%
I need help with my personal statement (68)
42.77%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (38)
23.9%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.89%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
8.18%

Watched Threads