The Student Room Group

Firm/insurance offers - which should I pick???

The deadline is quickly approaching and I can't decide which order to put these two offers on UCAS:
- Nutrition BSc at UCL (require BBB)
- Neuroscience BSc at Queen Mary (require BBB)
Original post by Sky06
The deadline is quickly approaching and I can't decide which order to put these two offers on UCAS:

Are you sure you want to make two offers with the same grade requirements as your firm and insurance? This way, if you happen to miss the BBB offer you miss both choices, so your insurance becomes redundant. As for the order, whichever course/university you prefer more! UCL is more prestigious I think but it's down to whatever you prioritise - only you can make the right decision :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by asliceofpi
Are you sure you want to make two offers with the same grade requirements as your firm and insurance? This way, if you happen to miss the BBB offer you miss both choices, so your insurance becomes redundant. As for the order, whichever course/university you prefer more! UCL is more prestigious I think but it's down to whatever you prioritise - only you can make the right decision :smile:

All 5 of the courses I applied for were accepted and all gave me reduced offers of either BBB or BBC.
I think I'm more drawn to study neuroscience but UCL, as you say, is more prestigious - UCL is also closer to home (I plan to commute by tube). So I'm still not 100% sure. I'll give it some more thought.
Original post by Sky06

QM is great in a lot of ways but they don't care about their students. Did you hear the principal has blocked the students union from furloughing its student staff??? https://www.gmblondon.org.uk/news/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-joins-gmbs-call-for-qmul-to-furlough-student-staff.html absolutely disgusting
Original post by Sky06
All 5 of the courses I applied for were accepted and all gave me reduced offers of either BBB or BBC.
I think I'm more drawn to study neuroscience but UCL, as you say, is more prestigious - UCL is also closer to home (I plan to commute by tube). So I'm still not 100% sure. I'll give it some more thought.

Could you perhaps switch to neuroscience at UCL, or maybe see whether they offer places for neuroscience through clearing?
Original post by asliceofpi
Could you perhaps switch to neuroscience at UCL, or maybe see whether they offer places for neuroscience through clearing?

UCL doesn't do clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending