Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey
Quick question - where and when do we apply for accommodation at Lancaster university??
Emily2001x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I heard that is is hoped that the accommodation portal will open sometime this month. Lancaster will notify you by email when the accommodation portal opens
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey
Quick question - where and when do we apply for accommodation at Lancaster university??
Hi anon,
It usually opens in June. You'll get notified when it's open via email so just best to have a look at the accommodation online to decide and be patient!
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi anon,
It usually opens in June. You'll get notified when it's open via email so just best to have a look at the accommodation online to decide and be patient!
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thank you!! Just a few more questions - what are the colleges? Do we choose which one to b a part of or r we placed in them? Also, how r they different?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you!! Just a few more questions - what are the colleges? Do we choose which one to b a part of or r we placed in them? Also, how r they different?
Hi Anon,
This video made by one of the digital content ambassadors sums it up well. When you apply to accommodation you also apply to which college you want to be in - not all colleges offer all types of accommodation so it's best to check, e.g. townhouses are only in County and Grizedale college. Your college is basically which accommodation you'll be living in and with who, where you get your post, where you can access support from etc. There's also college sports teams and each college has a bar. They're not related to the course you do at all.
I hope that's useful and let me know if you have anymore questions.
Charlotte
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Anon,
This video made by one of the digital content ambassadors sums it up well. When you apply to accommodation you also apply to which college you want to be in - not all colleges offer all types of accommodation so it's best to check, e.g. townhouses are only in County and Grizedale college. Your college is basically which accommodation you'll be living in and with who, where you get your post, where you can access support from etc. There's also college sports teams and each college has a bar. They're not related to the course you do at all.
I hope that's useful and let me know if you have anymore questions.
Charlotte
Thanks Charlotte! Helpful information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.99%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.86%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (29)
16.02%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.55%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads