piavalentiner
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have received an offer from the London College of Communication (within UAL) for the contemporary media cultures course, does anyone that has studied here have advice or insight on what its like (positives or negatives)?
im also concerned about learning in london and am on the fence on weather to go through clearing to study in bristol - i think london seems good as the industry i want to go into is here but i have heard that it can be very isolating and hard to make friends as you don't get a proper university experience? does anyone have any advice on this?
ruglen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by piavalentiner)
i have received an offer from the London College of Communication (within UAL) for the contemporary media cultures course, does anyone that has studied here have advice or insight on what its like (positives or negatives)?
im also concerned about learning in london and am on the fence on weather to go through clearing to study in bristol - i think london seems good as the industry i want to go into is here but i have heard that it can be very isolating and hard to make friends as you don't get a proper university experience? does anyone have any advice on this?
Hi, I don't have any advice (sorry) but I have also received that same offer and I'll be studying that course. I'd love to chat with you, do you have Instagram or Snapchat?
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by piavalentiner)
Hey piavalentiner,

Congratulations on getting a place on the Contemporary Media Culture course at London College of Communication (LCC) !

LCC is a great place to study. I can't give you too much of an insight as I am a student at Central Saint Martins but have been there a few times to use the library and attend events etc. My friends who study there say the facilities are amazing too. One great thing about UAL is that it is made up of 6 colleges and you can go to and borrow things from the libraries of all of them. I'd check out the virtual tour here if you haven't had a chance to go visit the campus in person, you could also book yourself onto the virtual open day which is coming up here.

Many people have concerns about moving to London to study, I know I was apprehensive when I moved last year. So any specific questions do not hesitate to ask! In terms of making friends I found that living in halls was a great way to meet people in addition to those on your course. There is a social programme at all of the UAL halls who put on events and fun activities.

Although all the UAL colleges are not campus style I feel as a whole there is a community spirit and there are plenty of events and societies where you can meet new people. From personal experience I would say that studying in London pushes you to grow up a bit quicker as feels quite different from school, but there is lots of support and everyone is going through the same thing!! If anything it makes you more prepared for the world once you graduate.

I hope that helps to ease your mind a little and as I said please do not hesitate to ask any questions!

Kindest,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed