The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Beckett

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone goes here and what they study? How is the accommodation? The teaching? The nightlife?

Any other info? Thanks :smile:
I went to Leeds Beckett in 2017 (then dropped out - oops). I also lived in Leeds my whole life until March of this year.

I studied building surveying. The accommodation is good. Its quite different depending on if you are on the city or Headingley campus. Headingley campus accommodation in my own opinion is more outdated. City accommodation is more modern and a bit more luxurious (and more expensive).

The teaching is also alright, I was only there for about 3 months so can't comment fully. I much preferred tutorials to lectures. In tutorials you could get to know your professors really well and it feels more like a group of friends. My professors were readily available, I could pop to one of their offices for help, send them an email and they were always really helpful.

The nightlife is also very alive, there's something for everyone. Leeds is a bit pricey (in my opinion) in the city center and lots of the clubs are spread out, so if you're wanting to go to a few places you may have to prepare for some walking. There are lots of really good bars to go to also lots of venues if you're into gigs.
(edited 3 years ago)
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by amingo26
I went to Leeds Beckett in 2017 (then dropped out - oops). I also lived in Leeds my whole life until March of this year.

I studied building surveying. The accommodation is good. Its quite different depending on if you are on the city or Headingley campus. Headingley campus accommodation in my own opinion is more outdated. City accommodation is more modern and a bit more luxurious (and more expensive).

The teaching is also alright, I was only there for about 3 months so can't comment fully. I much preferred tutorials to lectures. In tutorials you could get to know your professors really well and it feels more like a group of friends. My professors were readily available, I could pop to one of their offices for help, send them an email and they were always really helpful.

The nightlife is also very alive, there's something for everyone. Leeds is a bit pricey (in my opinion) and lots of the clubs are spread out, so if you're wanting to go to a few places you may have to prepare for some walking.

Hi! Thank you for your reply! My main concern is I am from the countryside so living and studying in Leeds would be very different to what I am used to so if i go, i want to be 100% sure :smile:
Original post by Sophie7703
Hi! Thank you for your reply! My main concern is I am from the countryside so living and studying in Leeds would be very different to what I am used to so if i go, i want to be 100% sure :smile:

Ahh. Leeds is very busy. There is never a time I have been to the city center and thought it was quiet so just be prepared for that!

That being said, the transport links are really good. The buses are modern and frequent and you can easily get around. The train station has just been modernised and is a great link to anywhere you could possibly want to go in the country. If you do need an escape, you can get to the Yorkshire Dales, the coast or anywhere really.

As I mentioned before, there are some really cool, quirky places to go. If you're into video games, they have an Arcade Bar with lots of old arcade games. If you're into food, in the top floor of the main shopping center (trinity) they have Trinity Kitchen where they have food vans from all over the country come and sell their food. These get switched out ever few weeks and they are so good. We have gig venues like First Direct Arena, O2 academy but littler ones like The Wardrobe, Brudnell Club and Belgrave music hall (that also has a rooftop bar).

Its a really lovely place! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by amingo26
Ahh. Leeds is very busy. There is never a time I have been to the city center and thought it was quiet so just be prepared for that!

That being said, the transport links are really good. The buses are modern and frequent and you can easily get around. The train station has just been modernised and is a great link to anywhere you could possibly want to go in the country. If you do need an escape, you can get to the Yorkshire Dales, the coast or anywhere really.

As I mentioned before, there are some really cool, quirky places to go. If you're into video games, they have an Arcade Bar with lots of old arcade games. If you're into food, in the top floor of the main shopping center (trinity) they have Trinity Kitchen where they have food vans from all over the country come and sell their food. These get switched out ever few weeks and they are so good. We have gig venues like First Direct Arena, O2 academy but littler ones like The Wardrobe, Brudnell Club and Belgrave music hall (that also has a rooftop bar).

Its a really lovely place! :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending