aesamira
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Stuck between which one I should choose. Interested in studying Economics/Business or Law at Uni. Which A level is more useful/better to do? And which one do most Universities prefer?

Thank you!!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Whatever you enjoy more will be better for you to do. Universities prefer both equally
malli07
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey!!
Studying A levels is really hard. I myself took chemistry and bio and dropped both at AS and I’m going to restart my year. At first ask yourself what you want to do.... what subjects you liked at GCSE and if you were going to do one in depth, which one would it be? Secondly look at what you’re interested in and how it would benefit you in the long term. I had started off with law too and I liked it but I decided to drop out because I had started off with 4 a levels and I had to pick 3. Another thing about law is that you don’t have to take it at a level if u wanna take up a law degree in uni. You can do other a levels and still do law as a degree. I’m going to start business this year but I’ve always been interested in business. Hope this helps!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
both are good subjects to pick and unis will have no preference between the two as not all schools can offer these subjects. law has no specific subject requirements though some unis may ask for an essay based or humanities subject. some economics degrees may require/ask for maths. pick the subject you think you'd be most interested in.
lawcalling
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For law, I don’t really think it matters. I studied both Psychology and Politics (dropping Politics at AS Level) and didn’t feel like there was a perceived difference in reputation/desirability for law undergrad, so just go for what you fancy.
Last edited by lawcalling; 5 months ago
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lawcalling)
For law, I don’t really think it matters. I studied both Psychology and Politics (dropping Politics at AS Level) and didn’t feel like there was a perceived difference in reputation/desirability for law undergrad, so just go for what you fancy.
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
both are good subjects to pick and unis will have no preference between the two as not all schools can offer these subjects. law has no specific subject requirements though some unis may ask for an essay based or humanities subject. some economics degrees may require/ask for maths. pick the subject you think you'd be most interested in.
PRSOM
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'd personally go for Religious Studies because I think it's a more interesting and engaging subject :lol:. I also imagine that both Politics and Psych require heavy amounts of memorisation (especially Psych), so you might have to consider that. RS, on the other hand, is more about understanding concepts and then applying those concepts to questions.

Think about what style of course might suit you better; what you'll find more interesting; and, what will get you the best grade! As already mentioned by the wonderful PetitePanda, all are equally respected and would be accepted by Oxbridge and the like with no problems. None are more impressive or more facilitating than the other.
setarexhx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I would say politics will probably be better for economics and law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed