Shourovi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I already applied as an EU full-time student couple of weeks ago. My application for tuition fee loan got approved.*

However, I just came to know today that I could have applied as an EEA student and get a maintenance loan. Is there anything I can do now? I am planning to move out for uni I really need the living cost loan. Can I still apply for the maintenance loan separately as an EEA student? Please let me know I will be grateful
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well the rules are you can get the maintenance loan if you have lived in england 5 years before the course starts. If you've been here or in EU/EEA for 3 years you can apply for the maintenance loan but you or an EU family member need to be working during your studies in england (a fair amount, not like a small part time job on the side). If it applies to you, I would print out the PN1 form from Gov.uk/student-finance-forms send in with a cover letter including your customer reference, explaining you first applied as an EU tuition fee only student, but you want to change it. Only thing I'm not sure on is if you'd have to resend your passport/ ID card. Be aware it'll take them a while to switch your data over from the EU Team to the main team
Shourovi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
thank you very much, I really appreciate your help : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads