Moving back to university from home

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I was essentially pressured by my parents into moving back home when the lockdown was announced. Since then, I really dislike living here and am much happier living at uni. Now I don't really have a valid excuse to travel back to university and live there so I was wondering if this was allowed- can I move back to university for the sake of my happiness in this current pandemic? As I can see my mental state slowly deteriorating at home.
If anyone has any link or articles that state laws or guidelines that allow me to go back, this would be greatly appreciated and help in my argument to go back.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was essentially pressured by my parents into moving back home when the lockdown was announced. Since then, I really dislike living here and am much happier living at uni. Now I don't really have a valid excuse to travel back to university and live there so I was wondering if this was allowed- can I move back to university for the sake of my happiness in this current pandemic? As I can see my mental state slowly deteriorating at home.
If anyone has any link or articles that state laws or guidelines that allow me to go back, this would be greatly appreciated and help in my argument to go back.
Hey,

I think as long as you still have an active housing contract or accommodation sorted you should be allowed to go back because you are paying. And with reference to the rules set in place, "The general rule is that staying overnight somewhere that is not your home - the place you live - is not allowed."
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...oor-activities

How far is your University from where you are? And what means of transport can you use to get back that are running at the moment because some coach trips were cancelled. With travelling using public transport, If I am not mistaken you just need to wear a mask and make sure you are keeping the social distancing guidelines.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...blic-transport

So if you are feeling overwhelmed by staying at home, let your parents know that you are going back then work on planing out your journey while considering the rules in place.

Hope this helps.
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads