Do I have enough time ?

Watch
Chumter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m doing 9 GCSE’s
And I have 4 months left to my gcse mocks and I have no notes whatsoever and for some subjects I have no idea on some of the topics

I want to realistically achieve a 9 , a couple of 8’s and a 6

Can I do this if I start revising today ?
And For how long ?

whizzer_wins
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chumter)
I’m doing 9 GCSE’s
And I have 4 months left to my gcse mocks and I have no notes whatsoever and for some subjects I have no idea on some of the topics

And For how long ?
How are your grades looking right now? If you aren't too far off (say, averaging 4s and 5s) I think you have a shot!
Maybe put in a few hours everyday if you can and prioritise learning the content, making notes where needed and doing exam papers to work on technique and timing.
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m doing 9 GCSE’s

And For how long ?
For science this got me all A*'s (watch each video 3 times over a period of time so you don't forget the content and do all exam papers possible and redo them until you get majority of marks) https://www.freesciencelessons.co.uk/

For learning maths content use mathsgenie and do all past papers and redo questions you got wrong until you can get them right

For english literature read the books so then no matter what question comes up you will be able to answer it no matter how minor the character that comes up. Make sure you understand the major themes of each book and learn some quotes that can be applied to a wide variety of questions and be able to analyse them. For the poems just memorise key points for each poem (make sure you learn what techniques are used in each and the effect of them)

For english language I got a 9 by just knowing a ton of fancy words so I could craft descriptive pieces very easily. Also learn various techniques so when analysing something if you don't know what to talk about just talk about the structure of the text and things like metaphors etc

For history I just did all the possible questions that could come up and some actually came up in my real exam.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Work on the topics you have no idea on first. Yes you can and how long you revise for is dependant on you as long as you dont burn out. Instead of how long, think about how can I effectively revise in this amount of time today. It's better to do it less time and frequently than very long and burning yourself out than you dont do it often.
Chumter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My grades are mostly 4’s and 5’s but do I need to go through the textbook and learn additional stuff that’s not on the spec to get high grades or only stick to the spec ?
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My grades are mostly 4’s and 5’s but do I need to go through the textbook and learn additional stuff that’s not on the spec to get high grades or only stick to the spec ?
Stick to The spec practice application questions.
Levi Dean
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m doing 9 GCSE’s

And For how long ?
Its not impossible, but it can be highly unlikely. If you have 4 months left and are pressed for time, set realistic achievements. You could achieve 6/7's if you start revising now and following others tips for revision. I'm not saying you should set low expectations, but being unrealistic can hinder your progress and stress you out.

Since these are not your final GCSE exams, you shouldn't stress so much about getting lower grades than you expect yourself to get. Mocks are a perfect time to test what revision methods work for you, and how you can handle yourself leading up to the actual final exams where you can set your standards to the heights of 8/9's.

Hopefully this helps with setting goals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads