lottieee!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What topics should I study/recap (to get a head start) for A level, when I go to post-16 this September?
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Honestly I wouldn't say there's any need to! I did OCR Biology at GCSE and then AQA at A level (so different topics were covered) and I found the start fine without recapping. However if you do want to get a jump start, check the specification for the course to see what you'll be learning to direct your study towards that. It's all nicely bullet pointed out in the different topic areas so easy to understand.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What examboard did you do for GCSE and what examboard for A levels?
lottieee!
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What examboard did you do for GCSE and what examboard for A levels?
For my GCSE (which were cancelled due to Covid) were mostly AQA, but I'm not sure on A-levels, it might be AQA again I think.
lottieee!
Rep:
?
(Original post by yeahthatonethere)
Honestly I wouldn't say there's any need to! I did OCR Biology at GCSE and then AQA at A level (so different topics were covered) and I found the start fine without recapping. However if you do want to get a jump start, check the specification for the course to see what you'll be learning to direct your study towards that. It's all nicely bullet pointed out in the different topic areas so easy to understand.
Thankyouu!!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lottieee!)
For my GCSE (which were cancelled due to Covid) were mostly AQA, but I'm not sure on A-levels, it might be AQA again I think.
From the GCSE spec, it overlaps roughly with Cells, Organisation, Inheritance, variation and evolution, Bioenergetics Homeostasis and response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.78%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.38%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.8%

Watched Threads