awesome_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm meant to have mock exams soon and i was wondering to go about answering the 15 mark questions because we havent done many of them so far... how much are you meant to write, etc?

im doing Philippics II and Aeneid XI.
Classics_Teacher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say try not to think of it in terms of word count or length on a page, but try to think about how much time you would have in the exam to answer the question. The 15 marks is out of 75 for the paper which works out at 20%, therefore you should aim to spend 20% of your time (24 minutes, assuming you don't have extra time) answering this question.

It is also worth thinking about which points to include in your answer, so a brief plan, or even just underlining some examples in the passage, is worthwhile. You want to make sure that you cover the whole passage, rather than lots of detail on the first 5 lines or so, but then running out of time to say anything about the rest.

If you want to send me a PM with your email, I'll forward you some practice questions if that would be useful?
awesome_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Classics_Teacher)
I would say try not to think of it in terms of word count or length on a page, but try to think about how much time you would have in the exam to answer the question. The 15 marks is out of 75 for the paper which works out at 20%, therefore you should aim to spend 20% of your time (24 minutes, assuming you don't have extra time) answering this question.

It is also worth thinking about which points to include in your answer, so a brief plan, or even just underlining some examples in the passage, is worthwhile. You want to make sure that you cover the whole passage, rather than lots of detail on the first 5 lines or so, but then running out of time to say anything about the rest.

If you want to send me a PM with your email, I'll forward you some practice questions if that would be useful?
thank you so much, that would be really helpful. ive sent you my email
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads