eh556
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HelloI've applied to do biological sciences and have got offers from Exeter, Sheffield, Bath and Southampton. Exeter and Bath are probably my favourites, however I went to the applicant open days this week and liked the vibe of Exeter but the placement year at bath seemed good so I'm a bit stuck on what to choose.I've chosen the placement year for Exeter but it seemed that it was harder to get a good one there as at Bath they had more connections and a dedicated placement team. Is it worth going to Bath just because of a better placement or should I be focussing on the course instead? The lecturers seemed friendlier in Exeter but I could be wrong. I'm predicted A*A*A*A which seems a bit wild haha and I'm keen to study biology so I want the course to be engaging. I like pretty much most of biology but if anyone knows anywhere which is good for paleobiology that would be helpful. Exeter have offered AAC and Bath is ABB. Any help is much appreciated - thank you!
Cookie0799
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eh556)
HelloI've applied to do biological sciences and have got offers from Exeter, Sheffield, Bath and Southampton. Exeter and Bath are probably my favourites, however I went to the applicant open days this week and liked the vibe of Exeter but the placement year at bath seemed good so I'm a bit stuck on what to choose.I've chosen the placement year for Exeter but it seemed that it was harder to get a good one there as at Bath they had more connections and a dedicated placement team. Is it worth going to Bath just because of a better placement or should I be focussing on the course instead? The lecturers seemed friendlier in Exeter but I could be wrong. I'm predicted A*A*A*A which seems a bit wild haha and I'm keen to study biology so I want the course to be engaging. I like pretty much most of biology but if anyone knows anywhere which is good for paleobiology that would be helpful. Exeter have offered AAC and Bath is ABB. Any help is much appreciated - thank you!
I'm a Biochem student from Cardiff so applied for similar roles as you would be for my placement year. I would pick the uni you were most happy since they both have a placement year included. We have a placement team at Cardiff but as far as the applications go you're very much on your own and using the careers services within the uni as opposed to them for application and interview prep. The placement team's main role was in checking that your employer wasn't taking you on to wash beakers or something and that you had an actual project - so not all that helpful tbh wouldn't give any weight to having a placement team at all. Besides, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding and succeeding in a placement since you're clearly a very proactive student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads