The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

TSR Environment Awareness Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Solar energy. It is costly but better than the Day after tomorrow
was the science behind the day after tommorow plausible? or was it hollywood using their "creative licence of the truth"?
Reply 62
Woo Enviroment :smile:

So whos scared global warming will melt the glaciers and will kill us all one day?
Reply 63
Goddess
Wow you know a lot about nuclear energy. What is your field of study, if you don't mind me asking?

I wanna do envi sci at uni....
Reply 64
Wow just noticed this society :smile:

Can i Join? i have always been interested in the effects of modern civilisation to the environment and nature :smile: Also i have grown up liking nature...from my Dad :p:
Reply 65
*steph 247*
I wanna do envi sci at uni....

Cool !!!!:smile: I wish you all the best in your studies !
Reply 66
bengal_tiger
was the science behind the day after tommorow plausible? or was it hollywood using their "creative licence of the truth"?

Aparently so, it was in the papers
but they had to exaggerate it for hollywood
Reply 67
Can I Join?
has any1 seen the honda advert? the one that sats thet the only emmisions from its car is water, is this true? and if so is this the future of cars?
Reply 69
it is true but apparently someone worked out that there is ot enough hydrogen in the world to supply all cars with it so..... no

sugar cane seems to be the best car fuel to me, though it takes up a lot of space to grow.....
Reply 70
thanks godess!
Reply 71
what about veg oil in diesal cars??
Reply 72
I havn't heard about that, surely the engine would need to be converted?
Reply 73
no it was on top gear, if you get the mix of veg oil just right, it can run a diesal car, but getting that mix right can be tricky
Sugar cane is the way forward, its a renewable form of fuel unlike oil and is used in countries that have low amounts of oil like brazil , vegetable oil is interesting and could work but im in favour of sugar :biggrin:
Reply 75
Am I in this society? I can not see my name (or anybody else's) on the first post.
~MOi~
Ooh! I'd like to be part of this environment friendly society. Could I?

I don't see why not. just PM danni_bella83 and ask!
Reply 77
Goddess
Am I in this society? I can not see my name (or anybody else's) on the first post.
As soon as the exams are over, I plan to start up a new thread for the Environmental Awareness Society :smile:

Not long to go, only about half a week!

DB_xox

P.S. Yes you can join! :smile:

*Is happy with more TSRians wanting to join*
danni_bella83
As soon as the exams are over, I plan to start up a new thread for the Environmental Awareness Society :smile:

Not long to go, only about half a week!

DB_xox

P.S. Yes you can join! :smile:

*Is happy with more TSRians wanting to join*

Oh, your here already. ignore my last pm!
bengal_tiger
Sugar cane is the way forward, its a renewable form of fuel unlike oil and is used in countries that have low amounts of oil like brazil , vegetable oil is interesting and could work but im in favour of sugar :biggrin:

Same here! One problem though, it rots your teeth :biggrin: :rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending