Can someone plz explain how much content i have to learn for new aqa spec

Watch
dumbbrunette
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Okay so Im insanely confused about what content is required and how much I acc have to learn for the new aqa a level spec. I'm teaching myself and so far I thought you had to learn, study, know everything like all of Unit 1 - The nature of law and the English Legal System, Unit 2 - Criminal Law, Unit 3 - tort and Unit 4 - Contract or Human Rights. Is this necessary?? What is recommended/required?? I came across stuff that was saying that you don't have to learn everything, you only need to focus on a certain amount of topics within the units - but it was all from people who were doing the old spec and the info was a bit all over the place. So for the new aqa spec is it the same? And if so, could someone let me know step by step what you need to do? Please help if you can lol I'm feeling so overwhelmed. It's prob sounds like a stupid question but I have this **** called Lyme disease so I've had to put the work off for ages and quite frankly I have no idea what im doing!
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
the spec seems pretty clear

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...62-SP-2017.PDF

Units 1-3 are compulsorty. 4 you pick which one you do of the 2.
dumbbrunette
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
the spec seems pretty clear

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...62-SP-2017.PDF

Units 1-3 are compulsorty. 4 you pick which one you do of the 2.
yeah that's what I thought but it just seemed like so much content that I thought hopefully I was wrong haha. Especially for nature of law and English legal system like how do you retain all of it. But anyways thanks for replying.
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No worries I was looking at doing it last year. Looked not too bad
gekkolaw
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
what is AQA? is it another way to qualify as solicitor? or just to demonstrate you have the same knowledge as if you had attended an uni?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by gekkolaw)
what is AQA? is it another way to qualify as solicitor? or just to demonstrate you have the same knowledge as if you had attended an uni?
It’s an exam board. Just like Edexcel and OCR.
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
And this posts is about a level law.
gekkolaw
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
It’s an exam board. Just like Edexcel and OCR.
Sorry, I'm not from UK, I've been researching and what I understood is that this is a sort of attestation of knowledge for international students? I still don't get what this stand for and what is it use in real life, why take this if you can sit the QLTS? maybe it is not aimed to qualified lawyers?
Last edited by gekkolaw; 5 months ago
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It’s the exam people do at 18 (after sitting GCSEs) before university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (652)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (324)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed