The Student Room Group

on applying to Oxbridge

I'm applying for a postgrad course to both Oxford and Cambridge with a 1st but am worried about my gap year uni studies that you can see in my Transcript though not a part of my degree (at the time, my disability prevented me
from getting top grades so it's 2:1 level stuff) will prevent me getting in. Any advice?
Hiya,

If you've got a First overall and as long as the 2.1s on your gap year uni studies transcript are mid-high, I don't foresee it being a huge problem or even something that you have to "justify" :nah:

Worth me saying though that if you end up receiving an offer AND if your disability is ongoing, it might be worth ensuring that the support will be in place if you take up the offer. For example, I don't think many Oxford colleges (if any!) are completely wheelchair-accessible. Also the mental health support isn't always what it could/should be. So do get in touch with the disability office if you receive an offer (or maybe even before, if you use a wheelchair or a mobility scooter, etc.), to find out what support and reasonable adjustments can be made :yep:
Thanks for the advice! :smile: I appreciate it.
Original post by variksenmarja
Thanks for the advice! :smile: I appreciate it.

You're very welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest