Want more information about this university?

Available accommodation for Nottingham Trent Uni

Watch
Beth286
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I’ve just put NTU as my firm choice but there is no accommodation and I’m quite stressed! The only availability is private accommodation which is just under £200 a week and I can’t afford that. Is anyone here thinking of/about to drop out of their accommodation or know of anyone who is dropping out of their accommodation that I could book for? I’m really stressed right now, just want to get it sorted so I can look forward to September!
Beth286
Rep:
?
(City campus)
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
They all went pretty much months ago in minutes when they went online. Although if you keep calling the accommodation team every so often, they might have rooms that people have dropped out of (they won’t advertise it so you will need to ask). People will drop out when grades are released and some will drop out later when they find out freshers etc won’t happen. So I wouldn’t worry you will get accommodation.
Ilie746
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi! I am in the same situation, the only accommodation I found is at £171/pw. I believe it's quite expensive for an accommodation. I am not sure whether I should book this one or wait until August and hope something else becomes available? I didn't even receive a response from my student finance, as I had some trouble, so basically I don't even know my budget. I am not sure what to do, should I wait for my student finance first or not?. Thanks in advance!
Beth286
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ilie746)
Hi! I am in the same situation, the only accommodation I found is at £171/pw. I believe it's quite expensive for an accommodation. I am not sure whether I should book this one or wait until August and hope something else becomes available? I didn't even receive a response from my student finance, as I had some trouble, so basically I don't even know my budget. I am not sure what to do, should I wait for my student finance first or not?. Thanks in advance!
I am in the exact same position as you so I know how you feel! It’s so uncertain cause we want to look forward to uni but at the same time have no clue where we are going to stay😂 I think I am just going to wait as people will definitely drop out just got to be on the ball, if I see any availability I will let you know ASAP! Do you have any social media it is easier to contact you on? I haven’t even looked at what I will get for student finance but I’m assuming it will be the same as my brother, if you’re going to book the private accommodation I’d say wait to see what your budget is, or just wait for the halls of residence and you will know your budget before this then (probably). Hope this helps abit? xx
user1567945
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Beth286)
I am in the exact same position as you so I know how you feel! It’s so uncertain cause we want to look forward to uni but at the same time have no clue where we are going to stay😂 I think I am just going to wait as people will definitely drop out just got to be on the ball, if I see any availability I will let you know ASAP! Do you have any social media it is easier to contact you on? I haven’t even looked at what I will get for student finance but I’m assuming it will be the same as my brother, if you’re going to book the private accommodation I’d say wait to see what your budget is, or just wait for the halls of residence and you will know your budget before this then (probably). Hope this helps abit? xx
hi, I am person number 3, who also has not booked accommodation, and am planning at studying Nottingham Trent, they are all pretty expensive too for my price range in accommodation and I am stressed.
For it I've just emailed the accommodation and asked when a place will open and if they could email me when it does- my student finance isn't even finished i am very behind and now stressing haha at least there are quite a few people in the same boat!
Ilie746
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Beth286)
Yeah, that sounds great, I will private message you! Thank you very much, really appreciate it!
Riosimpson03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am in the exact same position, just hoping people will drop out due to grades and the whole socially distancing aspect.
alexinthedark
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey there, I need a tenant to replace me for a studio apartment. you can find more info here but in short it's 135pw and its 15/20 minute walk for the City Centre. If you want more info, give me a PM
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey Beth286, Ilie746, user1567945, Riosimpson03

If you need help with finding accommodation, the best thing to do is contact our Accommodation team: email [email protected] or call +44 (0)115 848 2894.

They can help with private accommodation too, we'll always try to find you accommodation with other first year NTU students.

Thanks
Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads