pprohan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is 68 a first at University Of Greewich? What things are taken into consideration if a grade falls in to borderline zone.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Hi

I am unsure the grade marking for the university of greenwich but for most UK universities a 68 is a 2.1 and does not fall into the borderline zone.
You would have to get a grade such as 69.4 for it to be considered as a borderline grade (I think) because a 69.4 is just shy of a first and such a frustraing grade to get! If you for example you got a 69.5 that that would be rounded to a 70 (1:1).

Universities usually consider your average grades and performance on coursework and exams and sometimes your tutor might be asked what kind of a student you were etc if your grade fallsinto the borderline zone.

Hope this wasnt too confusing!
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pprohan)
Is 68 a first at University Of Greewich? What things are taken into consideration if a grade falls in to borderline zone.
Usually if you get more modules in the final year at the higher class...you are borderline and get a first. At least that is how it is at my university, but then again it varies.....Surely getting a first at Greenwich shouldn't have been too difficult...they must have similar rules.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi pprohan

This will be different at each uni's as some uni's might round up if you have 69.5 but have 3 firsts overall. Does your uni have a degree calculator that you could use to tell you what classification you will get ? If not the best thing to do would be to contact your course leader who should be able to help you more.

Zaira
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

68% is classified as upper second class honours, check this document out it has all the information on which class the grades falls in.
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UniofGreenwich)
Hi there,

68% is classified as upper second class honours, check this document out it has all the information on which class the grades falls in.
I appreciate that you're an official rep of the Uni of Greenwich, but there's a later version of that document here:
https://docs.gre.ac.uk/__data/assets...d-Mar-2020.pdf

Sections D6 ("Degree Classification") and D7 ("Borderline Judgments") are relevant.
pprohan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by UniofGreenwich)
Hi there,

Yeah, In this document, please check section D6.1 and D6.2
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
At my uni, your grade is rounded to the nearest whole percentage. If that’s one percent below a cutoff for example 59 or 69, then your grade is up for evaluation.

I can’t remember the criteria but it’s something like x number of credits in 2nd or 3rd year have to be the classification above for your overall classification to be rounded up to the next one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads