Transferring to another university, when do I tell my current university?

Watch
DesertCamel2001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So I'm in first year of my current university but I'm looking to transfer to another university. I've actually already communicated with the potential university I'm looking to transfer and I've received the Conditional Offer on UCAS which I already met, and it's pretty much 99% finalised that I'm transferring.

But I have realised I never told my current university that I'm leaving and going to transferring in my second year.

What is the deadline for telling my university? How would this relate to Student Finance?

Thank you! This transferring stuff is quite complicated, as in juggling two universities at once.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DesertCamel2001)
So I'm in first year of my current university but I'm looking to transfer to another university. I've actually already communicated with the potential university I'm looking to transfer and I've received the Conditional Offer on UCAS which I already met, and it's pretty much 99% finalised that I'm transferring.

But I have realised I never told my current university that I'm leaving and going to transferring in my second year.

What is the deadline for telling my university? How would this relate to Student Finance?

Thank you! This transferring stuff is quite complicated, as in juggling two universities at once.
I'm not sure there is a deadline as such but PQ will know if there is one.

Re student finance I would ring them or email them to let them know you are switching unis as soon as you know for sure that you are
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Apply for student finance asap. Put in that you’ll be studying at the new university and course.

You don’t have to notify your current university but it’s a good idea to let them know once you’re sure. That lets them plan better for your classmates that you’re leaving behind.
If you don’t tell them then they’ll realise you aren’t coming back when you don’t re-enrol in August.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads