Astokes14a
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Can anyone help me find universities which accept pupils for economics without having done maths at a level and having attained a 6 in GCSE maths?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Aberystwyth University, Aston University, Birkbeck, University of London, Birmingham City University, Bournemouth University, University of Bradford, University of Brighton, Cardiff Metropolitan University, University of Chester, City University of London, Coventry University, University of Derby, University of East Anglia UEA, University of East London, University of Essex, Goldsmiths University of London, University of Greenwich, Heriot-Watt University, University of Hertfordshire, University of Huddersfield, Keele University, University of Kent, Kingston University, University of Leeds, University of Leicester, University of Lincoln, London Metropolitan University, London South Bank University, Loughborough University, Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Manchester (BA), Middlesex University, University of Northampton, Nottingham Trent University, University of Plymouth, University of Portsmouth, University of Reading (BA), University of St Andrews, Sheffield Hallam University, University of Sheffield (BA), SOAS University of London, University of Stirling, University of Strathclyde, University of Sussex, Swansea University, Ulster University, University of Winchester, University of Wolverhampton and York St John University
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Astokes14a)
Can anyone help me find universities which accept pupils for economics without having done maths at a level and having attained a 6 in GCSE maths?
Hi, my name is Alex and I am ambassador at Middlesex.

Please check out our economic courses here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/business/economics
You can check entry requirements for Economics BSc Honours here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/underg.../economics-bsc
Our entry requirements provide a guide to the qualifications that you’ll need to study our courses. We understand that recent changes to exams and assessments mean you might be worried about your qualifications, so we’re taking a flexible approach to admissions this year. We’ll do our best to consider your application on an individual basis and look at more than your grades when we’re making a decision.

I hope it helps. Best, Alex
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there!
I'm currently in my final year at the University of Kent (although not studying Economics unfortunately), but I know that the entry requirements for the Economics course at Kent are BBB at A-level and 6 in GCSE Maths, and they do not ask for A-level maths
Here is the course info page for Economics if you wanted to check it out - BSc Economics
I hope that this helps
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi Astokes14a,

We have just sent you a reply on the other thread!

Best Wishes,
Emily
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi Astokes14a

How are you?

The entry requirements for Economics BSc(Hons) at Huddersfield are:
- BBB at A Level
- 120 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications
- DD Min BTEC in Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
120 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications.

- In addition you must have GCSE Maths at grade 5 or above, or grade B or above if awarded under the previous GCSE grading scheme.

For more information on the course, please see here.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Speak soon,
Harriette
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi Astokes14a

Hope you are doing well and staying safe. There are many universities around the country that will let you do Economics without having A-level Maths. Coventry is one of them, check out the following link to get more details about the course and requirements. https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-st...mics-bsc-hons/

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

Arsh Shaikh
BA Financial Economics
Coventry University - Coventry Campus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (67)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.98%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed