The Student Room Group

Confused about Home Fee Status

I'm an Indian national but I hold an Indefinite Leave to Remain (with No Time Limit), and am set to graduate from a UK uni this year.

I was just wondering that if I work/reside in the UK for 3 years, will I be eligible for Home Fees when I apply for a grad course in the 2023 intake? I'm confused because most uni FAQ pages seem to imply that overseas (non UK/EU) students typically don't qualify for home fee status. Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by shaunakd
I'm an Indian national but I hold an Indefinite Leave to Remain (with No Time Limit), and am set to graduate from a UK uni this year.

I was just wondering that if I work/reside in the UK for 3 years, will I be eligible for Home Fees when I apply for a grad course in the 2023 intake? I'm confused because most uni FAQ pages seem to imply that overseas (non UK/EU) students typically don't qualify for home fee status. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi there, you will need indefinite leave to remain. With leave to remain you need to have resided in the UK for half your life or 20 years.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, you will need indefinite leave to remain. With leave to remain you need to have resided in the UK for half your life or 20 years.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks Isaac. So I will not be eligible for home fees if I have lived in the UK for 3 years with an Indefinite Leave to Remain?
Original post by shaunakd
Thanks Isaac. So I will not be eligible for home fees if I have lived in the UK for 3 years with an Indefinite Leave to Remain?

If you have indefinite leave to remain then you should be able to apply, however you mentioned you are starting in 2023. Our regulations are updated yearly so we can't guarantee if you will be eligible in 2023.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending