The Student Room Group

Online A Levels/ Homeschooling?

I'm a person who wants to do A Levels online and self teach, because i'm unhappy with the subjects i'm doing now and its really affecting my mental health negatively. Can someone tell me everything I should know about doing A levels online, and a good website I could do it on? Or point me to a informational thread about it? I want to do Bio, Chem and English Lit.
Original post by elle360
I'm a person who wants to do A Levels online and self teach, because i'm unhappy with the subjects i'm doing now and its really affecting my mental health negatively. Can someone tell me everything I should know about doing A levels online, and a good website I could do it on? Or point me to a informational thread about it? I want to do Bio, Chem and English Lit.

I had the same problem as you, but ended up just starting my A Levels from scratch and at a new school (of course it is different for me as I'm taking them in Spain) I'm doing the same A Levels as you, except I'm also taking Geography, all at Edexcel. For Biology and Chemistry there are required practicals, so you will need to find an examination centre where you can register that will allow you to take the practicals there with an examiner watching. For English lit (if you are doing Edexcel) there is a required essay that must be marked internally, you will need to figure out a way to get that marked by your exam centre. You will also need to discuss which books you are choosing. I'm currently using the SnapRevise app to help me revise as well as Primrose kitten on YouTube 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest