Grace Appleby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m thinking of taking Psychology for A levels this September and I was wondering what everyone’s opinions on it are. What are the most difficult topics? How does everyone organise folders and manage workload etc?
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
for AQA:

you have the set topics (these are normally a bit dull, like the approaches) but then the teacher picks the extra topics( I can't remember how many or which are compulsory I'm afraid) but one of ours was gender and schizophrenia.

it is interesting, you have to remember quite a few key dates and names as well as key terms to put together an answer, which is probably the hardest part, hitting the marl scheme and writing well.

organise folders by year (as+A2) and then topic, within topic if these then split try keep all the info for each sub topic together and in a set/chronological order.

workload... revision wise, it's worth doing practice questions from the beginning. this helps understanding and develops your writing skills for exams.
sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I did it for AS. It was super interesting we looked at a lot of real case studies which were shocking and cool! The only downside (I found) was the small essay questions in exams which required you to recall specific stuff from each study/experiment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise