Groningen Medicine Applicants Entry 2021

Watch
stressandpain
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sophie_lola)
to answer this question: Have you all received the adequacy? I had finished uploading all my documents to OAS in the first month of December and about 2-3 weeks ago I received an official document from RUG which basically says, you have been conditionally accepted, provided that you pass the selection procedure, attain your IB diploma and receive a RUG-accepted physics certificate. Seeing that in the IB you can only take 2 sciences and I took chem and bio, will be taking the CCVX physics exam. I did not have to upload course descriptions because I did IB, but I imagine that you will receive a similar document once they determine whether all of your courses are VWO-equivalent or not
wait okay i do A levels and i submitted my application on the 18th of december but i have been yet to be told if my previous education level is sufficient, how long did they take to tell you? because i sent an email to them and they said i would know within 6 weeks and that'll be in 5 days...
stressandpain
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
does anyone really have a top class achievement and is international...? thats really hard to come by lol
also, still dont know how they'll be using the framework +++ time differences on selection day will be a mess
sophie_lola
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by stressandpain)
wait okay i do A levels and i submitted my application on the 18th of december but i have been yet to be told if my previous education level is sufficient, how long did they take to tell you? because i sent an email to them and they said i would know within 6 weeks and that'll be in 5 days...
I received the "application decision" I was describing on Jan. 8 and I had submitted all my documents in OAS on Dec 7 if I remember correctly. Maybe yours is taking longer because the 6-week timeframe they told you about does not include the Christmas holiday period, especially since you uploaded your documents so close to the holidays. I would not really worry about it, you uploaded all your documents before the Jan. 15 OAS upload deadline so they will probably send you the decision in the upcoming week or so.

Also, if I remember correctly, all that matters is that you have to be told that your previous education level is sufficient when you submit the portfolio form, which is not due until Feb. 8.
stressandpain
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I received the "application decision" I was describing on Jan. 8 and I had submitted all my documents in OAS on Dec 7 if I remember correctly. Maybe yours is taking longer because the 6-week timeframe they told you about does not include the Christmas holiday period, especially since you uploaded your documents so close to the holidays. I would not really worry about it, you uploaded all your documents before the Jan. 15 OAS upload deadline so they will probably send you the decision in the upcoming week or so.

Also, if I remember correctly, all that matters is that you have to be told that your previous education level is sufficient when you submit the portfolio form, which is not due until Feb. 8.
ah thank you, and yes thats true because one of the options of the portfolio asks if i have been 'approved' so i guess ill just wait until the six weeks are over and ill contact them accordingly
also how are you doing with the preparations?
holvvka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
does anyone know what else can qualify as a top-class achievement except for like the sports tournaments?? i mean e.g. language certificates or smth
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe that's a silly question but I'm confused, what should we put into the 'student number' at the first blank space of the portfolio? I tried that which is decrebed as Your student number received via the RUG that I got but it doesn't fit I think :/
sophie_lola
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by VanillaCream)
maybe that's a silly question but I'm confused, what should we put into the 'student number' at the first blank space of the portfolio? I tried that which is decrebed as Your student number received via the RUG that I got but it doesn't fit I think :/
I think you have to add a capital letter S before the 7-digit number they sent you
VanillaCream
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you have to add a capital letter S before the 7-digit number they sent you
oh okay, it said something with letter S but in Dutch so I didn't really know what to do haha thanks
VanillaCream
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
also, I'm wondering there is a field for signature at the bottom of the page and I did sign it but apparently when I want to move to the next section it says, again in Dutch, that the signature is required, but I did sign it so I don't really see what is wrong, did anyone else have this problem? :/
stressandpain
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by holvvka)
does anyone know what else can qualify as a top-class achievement except for like the sports tournaments?? i mean e.g. language certificates or smth
no idea... I’ve been to sports tournaments as well but only interschool or inter city ones... and I don’t think that qualifies as a top class achievement so idk what to do
oana1389
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ah thank you, and yes thats true because one of the options of the portfolio asks if i have been 'approved' so i guess ill just wait until the six weeks are over and ill contact them accordingly
also how are you doing with the preparations?
yeah, so no worries, now they are in their peak period so they won’t reply this quickly. when i sent my application at the beginning of December, i received my answer in about a week , but it should be soon , maybe before the selection
stressandpain
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by oana1389)
yeah, so no worries, now they are in their peak period so they won’t reply this quickly. when i sent my application at the beginning of December, i received my answer in about a week , but it should be soon , maybe before the selection
what a coincidence... I just got the conditional offer today lol but now im stuck on this stupid 28 page pdf they’re making us read... what are we supposed to do with this info 😭😭😭
sophie_lola
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hey, do any of you all have a top-class achievement for the portfolio? if so, what is it?
an4n4s_s
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hello everyone, do you guys have any groups for the 2021 applicants in groningen university like in facebook or discord or instagram wherever it is, if you dont should i create one so that we help each other out on info and stuff. if you do please send me links and add me as well. thanks
an4n4s_s
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by an4n4s_s)
hello everyone, do you guys have any groups for the 2021 applicants in groningen university like in facebook or discord or instagram wherever it is, if you dont should i create one so that we help each other out on info and stuff. if you do please send me links and add me as well. thanks
1 more thing, do yall know if the practice exam session for 2021 is over already
an4n4s_s
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
what a coincidence... I just got the conditional offer today lol but now im stuck on this stupid 28 page pdf they’re making us read... what are we supposed to do with this info 😭😭😭
um hi. what pdf ?
VanillaCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
um hi. what pdf ?
the one that they sent in the email about the selection procedure (on the 20th of January I think)
an4n4s_s
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the one that they sent in the email about the selection procedure (on the 20th of January I think)
The clinical framework one ?
an4n4s_s
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
also do you know any groups for the 2021 applicants in groningen university like in facebook or discord or instagram wherever it is, if you dont should i create one so that we help each other out on info and stuff. if you do please send me links and add me as well. thanks

VanillaCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The clinical framework one ?
yes
also do you know any groups for the 2021 applicants in groningen university like in facebook or discord or instagram wherever it is, if you dont should i create one so that we help each other out on info and stuff. if you do please send me links and add me as well. thanks
I don't know if there are any groups, sorry, you can create one if you want to I guess, but we can also discuss things on here probably
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (313)
52.69%
No (281)
47.31%

Watched Threads