Who else's parents are freshies?

Watch
Chocolatecakexx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Have you ever wanted to do something but your freshie parents didn't let you?Do they say how whitewashed you are when you attempt to show the tiniest bit of ankle?Are your parents obsessed with looking good in there community?Well,congractulations-your parents are freshies!!
Chocolatecakexx
Rep:
?
Share your freshie parents experiences down below!
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So frshie means immigrant right? i.e. 'fresh off the boat' does this only apply to the asian ones or?
Chocolatecakexx
Rep:
?
Freshie-it applies if your parents are born in another country and moved here/your parents are immigrants/your parents are migrants/your parents are refugees and it applies to anyone even non asian(I am not asian).
rxyaltyx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chocolatecakexx)
Freshie-it applies if your parents are born in another country and moved here/your parents are immigrants/your parents are migrants/your parents are refugees and it applies to anyone even non asian(I am not asian).
ig my parents are freshie then lmao
georgeparasol12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chocolatecakexx)
Have you ever wanted to do something but your freshie parents didn't let you?Do they say how whitewashed you are when you attempt to show the tiniest bit of ankle?Are your parents obsessed with looking good in there community?Well,congractulations-your parents are freshies!!
Dad's Kurdish, Idk if this applies. Immigrated bout 17 years ago.
Sometimes doesn't let me go out for stupid reasons but he's not that strict
rxyaltyx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by georgeparasol12)
Dad's Kurdish, Idk if this applies. Immigrated bout 17 years ago.
Sometimes doesn't let me go out for stupid reasons but he's not that strict
lucky my parents are SO strict
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My dad isn't, but my mum came to the UK almost 30 years ago from India.

I do get the 'coconut' comments fairly often though on account of my interests and tastes haha
Chocolatecakexx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I get cocnut and oreo comments all the time although I consider myself connected to my culture and where I'm from and my religion.
My parents are real freshies tho-they took my phone away till I get good grades -a 9!!!!!!!!! Im not stupid but I aint that smart I could get a 8 but no harder and yes I do revise
robertgallacher
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I thought this meant like freshers, as in people who had just joined university, and it occurred to me how your parents could be freshers alongside you at university if they went as mature students... imagine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.21%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.19%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.21%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.19%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.6%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed