The Student Room Group

A criminal investigation on how France has handled the Coronavirus Crisis

An investigation by a Paris Prosecutor is on the way in relation to how the French Government has dealt with the Coronavirus Crisis after complaints by labour Unions & Citizens.

Any thoughts on this?

And the immediate question: Should there would be a similar investigation in the UK?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

In answer to your immediate question
Yes.

Other governments with high death rates such as Italy and Belgium should also undergo those investigations
Reply 2
An independent inquiry? Sure. Not so certain about a criminal investigation though.
Reply 3
Original post by Laurence010401
In answer to your immediate question
Yes.

Other governments with high death rates such as Italy and Belgium should also undergo those investigations

Yes I have heard similar reports.
Italy i I think is considering launching a criminal investigation for the high number of deaths of its citizens.

France has already laughed one.

I find it difficult although not impossible for a similar investigation here as most Newspapers and Media are either controlled by the Tories or are friendly to them .
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Lucifer323
Yes I have heard similar reports.
Italy i I think is considering launching a criminal investigation for the high number of deaths of its citizens.

Fance has already laughed one.

I find it difficult although not impossible for a similar investigation here as most Newspapers and Media are either controlled by the Tories or are friendly to them .

“Fance”
Reply 5
Original post by Napp
An independent inquiry? Sure. Not so certain about a criminal investigation though.

For the reason I gave in my other reply.
A criminal investigarion has been launched in France. And is about to be launched in Italy. I don't see why not here.

If you ask why, it's for the same reasons it was launched there...
Reply 6
Original post by Moonbow
“Fance”

Thanks, I have corrected it.
Do you think there should be similar invedtigation here?
Reply 7
A criminal investigarion has been launched in France. And is about to be launched in Italy. I don't see why not here.

My point was more against whom are you going to launch it? The government, after all, can happily, and justifiably, say they acted on expert advice in their response..

Either way more of a person preference for learning lessons than resorting to pitch forks in such things.
Reply 8
Original post by Napp
My point was more against whom are you going to launch it? The government, after all, can happily, and justifiably, say they acted on expert advice in their response..

Either way more of a person preference for learning lessons than resorting to pitch forks in such things.

I don't know who are those who will be investigated. By Government here we mean those in decision making. The same way France is looking into this matter.
Reply 9
Thanks, I have corrected it.
Do you think there should be similar invedtigation here?

Well not a criminal investigation but yes, some other way at looking at it should occur.
After the pandemic is over though. We need to worry about getting the economy on track again first.

They have different legal systems.

Ours would involve a public inquiry.
Original post by Moonbow
Well not a criminal investigation but yes, some other way at looking at it should occur.
After the pandemic is over though. We need to worry about getting the economy on track again first.

The lockdowns have obviously had very negative impacts on the economy. If lockdowns were to continue for longer it will create massive unemployment and many more deaths than Covid19 has ever caused.
Original post by 999tigger
They have different legal systems.

Ours would involve a public inquiry.

Yes of course.
But should we start with a public enquiry first and then we see how matters evolve?
The lockdowns have obviously had very negative impacts on the economy. If lockdowns were to continue for longer it will create massive unemployment and many more deaths than Covid19 has ever caused.

Very true. It is getting a balance between not getting a second spike larger than the first too, though. On another note, I seriously do not agree with reception having to go back to school.
Those kids just don’t wash their hands 🤢🤢
Original post by Moonbow
Very true. It is getting a balance between not getting a second spike larger than the first too, though. On another note, I seriously do not agree with reception having to go back to school.
Those kids just don’t wash their hands 🤢🤢

Again these are political decisions by very confused politicians.

The School should start again in the middle of September.
I think this is the best course of action. No need to go back now.
Yes of course.
But should we start with a public enquiry first and then we see how matters evolve?

Public inquiries are massive things involving hundreds or thousands of witnesses as well as hundreds of thousands of bits of evidence. They are comprehensive and serious undertakings, so will likely take years. Better to start after we have a vaccine and are on the mend.
Again these are political decisions by very confused politicians.

The School should start again in the middle of September.
I think this is the best course of action. No need to go back now.

Prsom
Original post by 999tigger
Public inquiries are massive things involving hundreds or thousands of witnesses as well as hundreds of thousands of bits of evidence. They are comprehensive and serious undertakings, so will likely take years. Better to start after we have a vaccine and are on the mend.

Yes I am aware on how public enquiries work and I think it very reasonable to happen after a vaccine is found.
We don't know how long it will take for a vaccine and the fact that it is difficult to vaccinate against retroviruses.
Likewise there should be an investigation (maybe not criminal) on the organization called WHO.

This is a political organization and as I said in my other thread, when politics interfere with science the results could be catastrophic.
Perhaps the French have accountability for their politicians, though the Affaire Fillon seems to have dragged on a long time.

As I have said elsewhere, Mr Johnson should be subject to a criminal investigation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending