Physics: 6
Maths: 7
Geography: 9
Art: 8 or 9 pls 😥
Business: 9
GP(Global Perspectives): 9

English Lang: (early entry)
English Lit: (early entry)

Wow that’s a very impressive set of grades. If you don’t mind me asking, what do you predict you’ll get for English Lit and Lang?
Original post by speed_bird
Can we all make sure to come back to this thread and share our successes with each other once we grt our actual results in august? I am incredibly happy reading all your comments and I can see a lot of high achieving and bright students. And more importantly, a lot of determined people. In our own schools we may not have enough like minded people whereas this this thread has introduced me to so many who are determined to be successful!! And for those who are a bit disappointed with their grades, I want to congratulate you for your achievements. We are all different and we are all unique. Congratulations and best wishes.

Speed_bird!

Yes, that was the point of the thread!
I’m confident with most but I want
English,Spanish, maths -9
Highly doubt maths is happening
English Literature - 7
English Language - 8
Maths - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 9
Geography - 8
German - 7
DT - 7
Drama - 8
Further Maths - 7

a few of these are lower than i'd expect/hope for and lower than my actual predicted results, but i've had some pretty bad exam stress for a while which made me fail a lot of exams pretty often. idk how my gcses would've went, and without a lot of proof of my ability, i'm not hoping for many 9s. anyone else in the same situation? guess we'll have to wait till results day!
These are my predicted grades and hopefully, they will be the actual grades I get in August. However, I think roughly one-third of all submitted grades are being reviewed by the exam boards :s-smilie:

English lang-9
English Lit-9
Maths-9
Further maths- A*
Biology-9
Chemistry-9
Physics-9
History-9
Art-8
Music-9
Russian-9
Spanish-9
maths 8
english lang 8
english lit 7
history 8/9
french 7
science 77 or 76
native language 9
for re and further maths i have no idea😂

in year 10 i got 987 in three subjects
Original post by limitlesspuffy
Let's all predict our GCSES on here and come back on 20th August (Results Day) to see if our predictions were correct.

Here's mine:
Biology: 9
Chemistry:9
Physics:8
Maths:9
Further Maths: 8
English Lang: 6
English Lit: 7
Geography:9
RS: 8
Art:8
Computer Science:7
German:8

Mine will probably be:
Combined Science: 8-9
Maths: 9
English Literature: 9
English Language: 8
Geography: 8
Computer Science: 9
Media Studies: 9
Fine Art: 8
(the last two were extra subjects we didn’t have assessments in, so idk if I’ll even get them)
Film Studies: 7/8
Statistics: 7-9
Original post by fijitastic
Everyone's so clever on this wtf

Bio - 8
Chem - 9
Physics - 7
English Lang- 8
English Lit - 7
Maths - 8 (my teacher predicted me a 7 even tho ive been getting consistent 8s and ill be madd if i get a 7)
Spanish - 9
German - 7
ICT - 8
RS- 8

You should be going up a grade from your mocks, if they give you a 7 i’ll be mad for you
I am really unsure please my grades dropped from 8/9 last year down to 4/5/6s. Last July when I sat my end of year exams my brother had been involved in an RTA which I witnessed and comforted him whilst waiting for air ambulance came. I failed all my exams which were the following week as I couldn’t concentrate. Been in counselling and had started to get myself grades up and was looking forward to the exams as I still had time to work and continuing building my confidence.

I think as things are now I will happy if I get grades 4/5/6s with all that has gone on!

I am off to Performing arts school on a scholarship but don’t wanna have to resit anything.

Good luck everyone x
(edited 3 years ago)
Let's all predict our GCSES on here and come back on 20th August (Results Day) to see if our predictions were correct.

Here's mine:
Biology: 9
Chemistry:9
Physics:8
Maths:9
Further Maths: 8
English Lang: 6
English Lit: 7
Geography:9
RS: 8
Art:8
Computer Science:7
German:8

Ah *******s..

Science: 5-4
English: 5
Maths: 5
History: 8
Geography: 6
RS: 4 at best
French: 6
SO you will be a year ahead.

wait so how have you chosen your A levels, will you just skip year 11 as you will get your GCSE grades this August?so yoj
Original post by taylorelwell
I am really unsure please my grades dropped from 8/9 last year down to 4/5/6s. Last July when I sat my end of year exams my brother had been involved in an RTA which I witnessed and comforted home whilst air ambulance came. I failed all my exams which were the following week as I couldn’t concentrate. Been in counselling and had started to get myself grades up and was looking forward to the exams as I still had time to work and continuing building my confidence.

I think as things are now I will happy if I get grades 4/5/6s with all that has gone on!

I am off to Performing arts school on a scholarship but don’t wanna have to resist anything.

Good luck everyone x

You are an inspiration to many. The fact that you sat for your exams says a lot about you. You have learnt a lot from life, I hope everything works out for you at the end
Eng Language 9
Eng Literature 8
Math 9
Biology 9
Chemistry 9
Physics 9
Classics 9
RS 9
German 8
History 9
Original post by taylorelwell
I am really unsure please my grades dropped from 8/9 last year down to 4/5/6s. Last July when I sat my end of year exams my brother had been involved in an RTA which I witnessed and comforted home whilst air ambulance came. I failed all my exams which were the following week as I couldn’t concentrate. Been in counselling and had started to get myself grades up and was looking forward to the exams as I still had time to work and continuing building my confidence.

I am off to Performing arts school on a scholarship but don’t wanna have to resist anything.

Good luck everyone x

Original post by Laboromniavincit
You are an inspiration to many. The fact that you sat for your exams says a lot about you. You have learnt a lot from life, I hope everything works out for you at the end

Hey, I have an lot of respect for you.you have been through a lot. If you need someone to talk, feel free to private message me. Xx
(Original post by limitlesspuffy)Let's all predict our GCSES on here and come back on 20th August (Results Day) to see if our predictions were correct.

Mine:
English Lit - 7
English Lang - 6
Maths - 6
Biology - 6
Physics - 6
Chemistry - 7 (Note on three sciences made great improvement in year 11 so might be lower based on that)
Geography - 7
History - 5
RE - 7
Art - 9
Product Design - 9

Feel Worried Saying these in case they are lower than predicted.
Original post by emegan02
Hey, I have an lot of respect for you.you have been through a lot. If you need someone to talk, feel free to private message me. Xx

Same if you ever need to talk I’m pretty sure anyway in this thread wouldn’t mind talking, just want you know that it isn’t the end of the world if you get 4/5/6s.
Original post by Pablopip
(Original post by limitlesspuffy)Let's all predict our GCSES on here and come back on 20th August (Results Day) to see if our predictions were correct.

Mine:
English Lit - 7
English Lang - 6
Maths - 6
Biology - 6
Physics - 6
Chemistry - 7 (Note on three sciences made great improvement in year 11 so might be lower based on that)
Geography - 7
History - 5
RE - 7
Art - 9
Product Design - 9

Feel Worried Saying these in case they are lower than predicted.

Oh and forgot about French - 6
Original post by king1234567890
I'm hoping to be a doctor.

may I ask how you revised to get such grades?
Original post by umyeahno
may I ask how you revised to get such grades?

Sure, I started my GCSE courses in year 8. First I purchased all of the revision guides and question books from Amazon. I typed my notes from my revision guides onto my IPad and then after I finished revising a unit I would highlight it on the specification in either green, red or yellow which showed me if I needed to revisit it again. Then I would do past paper questions on the unit and mark it, I'll see which questions I got wrong or what I missed that was in the mark scheme and add them to my notes. I did this for every subject. For subjects like History and English I learnt essays and paragraphs.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest