whoisevasmith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Amelia hemingway)
Hi wondered if anyone can offer any help on this
Hi,

You could talk about the different types of euthanasia, which types are ethical and which aren't? Or maybe you could discuss when euthanasia should and shouldn't be used? Or opinions on euthanasia from different religious viewpoints? This would be a particularly good one if you're looking to go into medicine and also for marks as it shows you're looking at things from opinions other than your own.

There's a book called Very short introduction to medical ethics which has a section on euthanasia and was a big help to me. I didn't do my EPQ on Euthanasia (I did mine on Ebola as I'm looking to go into medicine and then global health) but I wanted to learn about it anyway and it was great. Also try and look at other student focused books as they're so much more accessible (I speak from experience!) and have a look at journal articles too- whilst they might not be as accessible at first, you'll get used to the structure and wording of them.

Hope this helps?
Amelia hemingway
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by whoisevasmith)
Hi,

You could talk about the different types of euthanasia, which types are ethical and which aren't? Or maybe you could discuss when euthanasia should and shouldn't be used? Or opinions on euthanasia from different religious viewpoints? This would be a particularly good one if you're looking to go into medicine and also for marks as it shows you're looking at things from opinions other than your own.

There's a book called Very short introduction to medical ethics which has a section on euthanasia and was a big help to me. I didn't do my EPQ on Euthanasia (I did mine on Ebola as I'm looking to go into medicine and then global health) but I wanted to learn about it anyway and it was great. Also try and look at other student focused books as they're so much more accessible (I speak from experience!) and have a look at journal articles too- whilst they might not be as accessible at first, you'll get used to the structure and wording of them.

Hope this helps?
Thank you
whoisevasmith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No worries- good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise