How to politely say no to my flatmate's friend who wants to stay over at my apartment

Watch
Stormragexox
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am currently studying at university abroad however, due to the pandemic I am back in my home county. Recently my flatmate's friend's (lets call her X) apartment got burgled and X's flatmate is not going to back to X's apartment until mid July hence she wants to stay in our apartment until she comes back. So I am assuming my flatmate offered her too stay in our apartment, and now she asking if it is ok with me. So here is the thing I am going to fly back at the end of June and my flatmate is going to fly back on mid July. So that means X has to stay in my room for a couple of weeks and I like having a personal space. I don't know how to say no politely.

Sorry if this sounds confusing I had a hard time wording out this problem I hope it is understandable
Last edited by Stormragexox; 5 months ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Stormragexox)
I am currently studying at university abroad however, due to the pandemic I am back in my home county. Recently my flatmate's friend's (lets call her X) apartment got burgled and X's flatmate is not going to back to X's apartment until mid July hence she wants to stay in our apartment until she comes back. So I am assuming my flatmate offered her too stay in our apartment, and now she asking if it is ok with me. So here is the thing I am going to fly back at the end of June and my flatmate is going to fly back on mid July. So that means X has to stay in my room for a couple of weeks and I like having a personal space. I don't know how to say no politely.

Sorry if this sounds confusing I had a hard time wording out this problem I hope it is understandable
Nope its too vague as you arent identifying where people are.

Person X is in the UK.
You are not in the UK bit in home country.
Where is your flatmate? In the UK as well?

You are flying back to UK end of June.
Flatmate is flying out of UK mid July?

Not getting why X staying in your room hampers your personal space if you are abroad?

If you arent comfortable with it, just say no. Say she can sleep on the couch?
Woint surprise me if they do it anyway?
You ofc have to deal with flatmate after.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads