TSR User_123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I am in Year 8 and going to Year 9 in September. I am really scared. And don't want to go to public school. I am really scared about exams. Any Advice?? Please
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
dont be scared. Nothing happens unless you want it to happen. Just keep your head down and keep working towards the top.

Good luck x
CharChar2106
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Sofie Rose)
I am in Year 8 and going to Year 9 in September. I am really scared. And don't want to go to public school. I am really scared about exams. Any Advice?? Please
I wouldnt worry until year 10. There is nothing related to exams in year 9 that you need to stress about. Year 10 and eleven is when you should not worry but think about exams fully. I am in year 11 now so if you want any more advice pm me. I can even give you advice on revision and subjects but if not do not stress you will be fine. Good luck x
username5279298
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey,
As a Year 10, I can guarantee that Year 9 is one of the best years. Just do some homework, listen in class and revise a bit for topic tests - you should be fine. :yep: You should be doing the subjects you enjoy and honestly it's one of the last years that you can really have fun, so make sure you spend it well rather than worrying.

Good luck :awesome:
Ruleroftheworld
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I would say try to talk to the people you're sat next to in lessons because being able to chat with them throughout the year will make lessons much more fun. Also, try to join any clubs you can, it might be scary at first but I have become close with many of my best friends through joining orchestra and jazz band. As well as that, try not to worry about exams too much. School might talk about them a lot however proper GCSE work often doesn't begin until year 9 and year 9 tends to focus more on easing you into GCSE work and routines. You will likely get a lot of practise exams too so by the time the real ones come around you will be used to the routine and process.

Good luck!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What are you scared about specifically?
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What are you scared about specifically?
Exams and new teachers. Also i want to do gymnastics in high school but i am not sure if i can. Also i wear a headscarf and i dont want to make it fall of my head and everyone laugh. Also I am scared about new subjects.
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Exams and new teachers. Also i want to do gymnastics in high school but i am not sure if i can. Also i wear a headscarf and i dont want to make it fall of my head and everyone laugh. Also I am scared about new subjects.
And teachers.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oh I understand now. Exams are scary but you will have a lot practice getting used to preparing for them beforehand and during exam conditions; since you're in yr 9, you still have time to enjoy yourself before year 10 and 11 stress on exams comes. I'm sure the new teachers will be welcoming and will help you if you need to I go to a public school and although I dont like most people in my school, I stayed for their sixth form because some of the teachers made me enjoy my lessons and made my choices for GCSE easier as I always looked forward to them then English Language. Public schools are more strict in their discipline tbh so they wouldnt stand for it if someone laughs. Tbh I dont think they will laugh because there are people who are decent people but with the exception of the obnoxiously annoying ones, there are people who do stupid actions or disobeying the teacher that they care more about. Although it wasnt any of those, most of the girls in my school in yr 9 cared more about drama. I never did new subjects so I cant really give any advice on that but its always good. I'm sorry if this doesnt help
Starfish13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Year 9 is your final year of freedom (unless you start GCSEs a year early ) but even if you do it’s not as stressful as year 10 and 11 and just enjoy it x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads